The State of Trump's Union

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: The State of Trump's Union

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:42 pm

And there it is...just another variation of "nimby"....f**k the health of the country....as long as you've got yours, right Mikey?

Not really. I'm way too far from membership in the 1% club for that. And I'm not crazy about gutting Medicare and keeping poor people uninsured so that crew can get bigger tax breaks. That was a big part of the GOP "solution".

But otherwise, yeah I do want mine. Thanks to the ACA my wife could keep her coverage despite losing a job and having a couple of preexisting conditions. She could jump on my plan when needed, and then select another one through a new employer. I guess that makes us greedy.

If you elect not to get health insurance then pay the IRS. Pay something, anything. Because when you get a cancer diagnosis or hit by a car then I'm going to be subsidizing your healthcare through higher rates and premiums like I have for decades. But that's my greed talking again.

Do you get the country bankrupt? 20T in debt....3.5T in income, 4.5T in expenses, 120T in unfunded liabilities, 1M a minute being borrowed to service that debt = bankrupt....& here you are begging for single payer? It is a complete mystery how people keep their heads buried on these financial FACTS....

Did you even read Trump's budget? The GOP elected a guy who has a black belt in bankruptcy and now you guys think I'm going to listen to lectures about fiscal prudence? Trump is six months in and he's been through three Communications Directors because there is no way to justify or explain his behavior or his policies.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:51 pm

driveandive wrote:It sounds like we all agree that Government will not fix any of the problems in healthcare costs. It would be nice to hear a moderate politician admit the same. I've even heard a few liberals admit they can't fix it, something I've never heard from a moderate about anything.

Well then let me be the first. There are many complex problems that can't be fixed, only managed to an extent that reduces as much pain as possible. But there is no solution that will fix this.

People are living longer. Advances in technology provide a myriad of solutions that didn't exist just a few years ago. I've got a buddy whose father-in-law has been basically dying for weeks. He's moved from a long-term care facility to a hospital and now he's in hospice. That costs a ton of money.

Premature babies who used to die are kept alive for months in hospitals. That costs a ton of money. People can beat forms of cancer that would have killed them not long ago. Again, it costs a ton of money.

Insurance companies are driven to reduce costs in an environment that is defined by rising costs. That is complicated. There is no magic bullet.
Mike Tomlin

Postby mainejeff » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:52 pm

This Presidency is an abortion. Trump & his #Deplorable minions have driven our country further into the abyss....thanks a lot a-holes! :evil: :oops:
mainejeff

Postby Mike Smith » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 am

Some ideas on how president Trump will influence global property markets: https://tranio.com/world/news/what-trumps-victory-means-for-the-us-property-market_5219/
Mike Smith

Previous

Return to Politics