DJT...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:VDH to the rescue...!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... s-violence

#Resist...#theResistence!!


Meh, the right did every single one of those things to Obama. If Trump could keep his fat mouth shut and stop tweeting more than half of his problems would go away.


First sentence...disagree 100%....sorry, no (bad word) way....second sentence...agree 100%....
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
As far as classlessness....Sharpton was an Oval visitor 75+ times in the 1000 year Barry Reich nightmare....that in itself is enough to close that argument. But the all-time champeeen Obama visitor has to be that rapper who showed up still being required to wear an ankle bracelet! The picture is a classic! I guess class is in the eye of the beholder, right MJ...?


She's in your head..... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :o


Who is this "she" you've referenced twice now MJ...? Sarah Palin? She's not a relevant political entity in 2017, HRC? yeah, um, hell no...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Obama had to deal with the same level of challenges. You may not like the results, but he met the challenges and moved forward. He is a decent and honorable man. Not agreeing with him doesn't make that less true. Trump has no decency or honor, that's the real problem.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Obama had to deal with the same level of challenges. You may not like the results, but he met the challenges and moved forward. He is a decent and honorable man. Not agreeing with him doesn't make that less true. Trump has no decency or honor, that's the real problem.


Decency & honor are subjective...how do you define those two things in the context of your post Mikey...?

As far as the rest of your post regarding BHO suffering the same level of opposition, meeting challenges, moving forward...I couldn't disagree more...as I'm sure you would say to me if I did a bunch of yabba-dabba-doo explaining why. I don't want to get into Obama weeds...we're diametrically opposed on BHO...easier to leave it at that.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Fair enough. Then how about this train wreck of a Senate HC bill? All the whining and gnashing of teeth over Obamacare and this was the best they could do. Does Trump think it's as "mean" as the House bill he was celebrating just weeks ago?
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Fair enough. Then how about this train wreck of a Senate HC bill? All the whining and gnashing of teeth over Obamacare and this was the best they could do. Does Trump think it's as "mean" as the House bill he was celebrating just weeks ago?


Cowards...."be careful what ya wish for", right...? The R wing of the UniParty wished for control, got it & discovered that the potato is very, very hot indeed. Terrified to admit that sainted Uncle Stooopid is the problem, not the solution... just don't have the courage to get the hell out of the way...cowards...

Cheers to Senators Cruz (2020!), Lee, Johnson & Paul for standing athwart the monstosity & saying, like Marcel Marceau in "Silent Movie", "NO!"...

Later edit....author of the piece is Kevin Williamson.....the guy is "smahht"...valuable read....

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... alth-plans

A later, later edit...hmmm...I wonder what might happen if we were to unleash the dynamic force that, you know, BUILT the country...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17889/pra ... on-bandler
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:22 am

Williamson's piece was solid. But he ignored two huge flaws in our employment based system. Companies devote massive resources to providing insurance to employees at the expense of innovation and productivity. And employees get chained to jobs they don't want because of insurance. That means that thousands of potentially great small businesses are never started because people can't afford to switch insurance plans.

Single payer is far from perfect, but it would actually benefit capitalism in many ways. And imagine what we could accomplish politically if we finally settled this? Congress could work on fixing our many other problems. Or do nothing, which might not be awful.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Senator Mike Lee (Conservative - Utah)....an apt description of the crap sandwich Senate health INSURANCE bill...

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/ ... need-read/
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:15 pm

According to Senator Lee:

Far short of “repeal,” the Senate bill keeps the Democrats’ broken system intact, just with less spending on the poor to pay for corporate bailouts and tax cuts. A cynic might say that the BCRA is less a Republican health care bill than a caricature of a Republican health care bill.


Bingo. This bill will crush the voters who elected Trump and benefit the crony capitalists who created the environment that led so many to support Trump in the first place. This is a tax bill.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby mainejeff » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:According to Senator Lee:

Far short of “repeal,” the Senate bill keeps the Democrats’ broken system intact, just with less spending on the poor to pay for corporate bailouts and tax cuts. A cynic might say that the BCRA is less a Republican health care bill than a caricature of a Republican health care bill.


Bingo. This bill will crush the voters who elected Trump and benefit the crony capitalists who created the environment that led so many to support Trump in the first place. This is a tax bill.


Good. #Deplorables deserve it! Plus they will actually have to go out & get a job...and stop mooching off from BLUE states.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 18070
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests