DJT...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: DJT...

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 am

Moderates never pull this stuff.


I was talking about this with a colleague yesterday. On the extreme right and the extreme left sit scary whack jobs that are more than capable of carrying out these nonsensical attacks. As of yesterday, both sides have them. The middle doesn't seem to. Moderate Democrat or Moderate Republican, it doesn't matter to me, just be moderate and use logic and common sense in every decision you make. Leave extreme emotions at the door.

-the dude
User avatar
thedude
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:58 am

thedude wrote:
Moderates never pull this stuff.


I was talking about this with a colleague yesterday. On the extreme right and the extreme left sit scary whack jobs that are more than capable of carrying out these nonsensical attacks. As of yesterday, both sides have them. The middle doesn't seem to. Moderate Democrat or Moderate Republican, it doesn't matter to me, just be moderate and use logic and common sense in every decision you make. Leave extreme emotions at the door.

-the dude


And this happened yesterday too: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... bb04500ca1

Just another workplace shooting, but with more victims. No one is talking about it, because it doesn't fit a political narrative. It is nuts to me that the same people who will cling to the Second Amendment in the aftermath of yet another assault weapon attack will blame the First Amendment without even thinking about the consequences of having a guy like Trump in office and what he might do to restrict the free media.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:This is too easy: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... story.html


Right, because an obscure website and the black hearted ghouls in the legacy MSM are the same; right because a moron who fired one shot at a locked door and a politically motivated zealot who was intent on wholesale slaughter firing 50 shots at living, breathing people are the same...

If thats the best ya got....you lose the argument because your argument has the heft & density of a popover...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:44 pm

thedude wrote:
Moderates never pull this stuff.


I was talking about this with a colleague yesterday. On the extreme right and the extreme left sit scary whack jobs that are more than capable of carrying out these nonsensical attacks. As of yesterday, both sides have them. The middle doesn't seem to. Moderate Democrat or Moderate Republican, it doesn't matter to me, just be moderate and use logic and common sense in every decision you make. Leave extreme emotions at the door.

-the dude


Tell me the name of a prominent "moderate" Democrat please? I'll give you one....seems like a reasonable old school liberal, someone you can actually talk to & do business with....Joe Manchin (WV)...

The problem is the legacy media are NOT moderate, nor are the vast majority of Democrat leadership...

Later edit...please don't include Angus King (Independent - :roll: - Democrat wing/UniParty) as he's now on record, pushing the moronic idea that a Russian failed attempt to influence the election is tantamount to September 11th.... shame, shame, shame on him...
Last edited by hawksfan on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
thedude wrote:
Moderates never pull this stuff.


I was talking about this with a colleague yesterday. On the extreme right and the extreme left sit scary whack jobs that are more than capable of carrying out these nonsensical attacks. As of yesterday, both sides have them. The middle doesn't seem to. Moderate Democrat or Moderate Republican, it doesn't matter to me, just be moderate and use logic and common sense in every decision you make. Leave extreme emotions at the door.

-the dude


And this happened yesterday too: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... bb04500ca1

Just another workplace shooting, but with more victims. No one is talking about it, because it doesn't fit a political narrative. It is nuts to me that the same people who will cling to the Second Amendment in the aftermath of yet another assault weapon attack will blame the First Amendment without even thinking about the consequences of having a guy like Trump in office and what he might do to restrict the free media.


Can you clarify your point? Who's "blaming the 1st amendement"?
What plank of the POTUS's agenda has to do with restricting free media? Anything besides his whines during the campaign about "fixing the libel" laws?

You do recall, don't you, that a couple of years ago Harry Reid & every democrat senator voted to repeal the 1st amendement so as to restrict political speech? Symbolic of course, but revealed the NON moderate-ness of the Democrat party, yes?
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:53 am

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:This is too easy: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... story.html


Right, because an obscure website and the black hearted ghouls in the legacy MSM are the same; right because a moron who fired one shot at a locked door and a politically motivated zealot who was intent on wholesale slaughter firing 50 shots at living, breathing people are the same...

If thats the best ya got....you lose the argument because your argument has the heft & density of a popover...



Where does Steve Bannon work, and what kind of website did he run?
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby hawksfan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:53 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:This is too easy: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... story.html


Right, because an obscure website and the black hearted ghouls in the legacy MSM are the same; right because a moron who fired one shot at a locked door and a politically motivated zealot who was intent on wholesale slaughter firing 50 shots at living, breathing people are the same...

If thats the best ya got....you lose the argument because your argument has the heft & density of a popover...



Where does Steve Bannon work, and what kind of website did he run?


Moving the goalposts does not make your original point more credible Mikey....
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby thedude » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:42 am

Tell me the name of a prominent "moderate" Democrat please? I'll give you one....seems like a reasonable old school liberal, someone you can actually talk to & do business with....Joe Manchin (WV)...

The problem is the legacy media are NOT moderate, nor are the vast majority of Democrat leadership...

Later edit...please don't include Angus King (Independent - :roll: - Democrat wing/UniParty) as he's now on record, pushing the moronic idea that a Russian failed attempt to influence the election is tantamount to September 11th.... shame, shame, shame on him...


Sorry, Hawks. The "Hawksfan would categorize that democrat as moderate" is hardly my litmus test. Further, there are very few moderates at the national level in either party due to the increased polarization of national politics.

-the dude
User avatar
thedude
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:51 am

Moving the goalposts does not make your original point more credible Mikey....


Please, you keep the goalposts on the beds of trucks. It is ridiculous to claim that the left leaning media is responsible for more violence than the right, or that they are less honest. Trump himself called Alex Jones a "great man" and Jones makes a living creating conspiracy theories such as claiming that the Newtown school shootings were a government conspiracy.

And Trump made his political bones through the rightwing media backed efforts to delegitimize Obama via a completely false citizenship issue. Trump used name calling, lying, and hostility to win the Republican primary. He is the single most dishonest person in public office today. Yet he passes your political purity test while reasonable men and women are dismissed as "black hearted ghouls".

Steve Bannon ran a website that traded in lies and promoted an agenda that encouraged violence and anarchy. Now he's got an office in the White House. Infowars (run by Alex Jones) was granted White House press credentials by the President. Sean Hannity has been promoting a completely false narrative about Seth Rich, and the network he works for was built by a serial sexual predator. Yet you expect me to believe that all of these clowns have some kind of moral superiority to the MSM. That is ridiculous.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: DJT...

Postby mainejeff » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:14 am

What he said...game, set, match.

Honestly hawksfan...sometimes I wonder if you will go off the rails one of these days. :|
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17950
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests