Let freedom reign...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Let freedom reign...

Postby hawksfan » Sat May 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Well...! A voice of sanity from a totally unexpected source...

Let it be noted that I, as the lone staunch Conservative on MBR/politics willing to engage, am posting a link from one of the most virulent anti-Right sites there is...if only for the headline, (could care less about the authors reasons, only that they please be prescient!!)....

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/27/wake-up ... peachment/
hawksfan

Re: Let freedom reign...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun May 28, 2017 4:18 am

hawksfan wrote:Well...! A voice of sanity from a totally unexpected source...

Let it be noted that I, as the lone staunch Conservative on MBR/politics willing to engage, am posting a link from one of the most virulent anti-Right sites there is...if only for the headline, (could care less about the authors reasons, only that they please be prescient!!)....

Yes, a thug beat an ******* in Montana. Yay!
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sun May 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:

Nothing to do with the Montana kerfluffle...as I said, I posted it for the headline....

Frankly I thought the whole thing was madness, from both sides...."right side" knee jerk defense...."left side" knee jerk blame Trumpy....
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Wed May 31, 2017 7:01 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:

Accepting that both are bad and lamenting where it appears OUR country is going politically i.e., violence....

Which is worse....a journalist, (& known provaucatour), gets b**ch slapped, (but no actual injury), by a politician with a hair trigger temper....or a celebrity wantonly, graphically calling for ISIS-style violence against the POTUS...?

Does it matter? Is the road to a much greater explosion of political violence inexorable? Or can the rising tide be arrested somehow? Would it be better to table conversation about WHO started the fact of our division in favor of accepting that division & conversing about ways in which our country can step back from the abyss of civil war?

I don't know....I'm just askin'....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed May 31, 2017 7:58 am

Anyone running for Congress should be expected to be able to face tough questions without going all WWF on the reporter. That's a pretty low bar, and one that I'd hope we can agree on. Plus breaking a little wimpy reporter's glasses is hardly the mark of a tough guy.

Kathy Griffin deserves all of the backlash that she's getting. It was a moronic and tasteless act, and there's no excuse for it. But she's an ******* entertainer, not someone who is running for elected office. And she didn't actually physically attack anyone.

I'm sure we can agree that the convfefe nature of the media and politics is out of hand now.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Wed May 31, 2017 5:26 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Anyone running for Congress should be expected to be able to face tough questions without going all WWF on the reporter. That's a pretty low bar, and one that I'd hope we can agree on. Plus breaking a little wimpy reporter's glasses is hardly the mark of a tough guy.

Kathy Griffin deserves all of the backlash that she's getting. It was a moronic and tasteless act, and there's no excuse for it. But she's an ******* entertainer, not someone who is running for elected office. And she didn't actually physically attack anyone.

I'm sure we can agree that the convfefe nature of the media and politics is out of hand now.

It wasn't even a tough question, it was about AHCA CBO scoring....

Anyway, here's Shapiro again....a lot more eloquent than I....

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ence-facts
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:32 am

We've never had access to more information, and more sources. Yet most Americans are content to use technology as a means of creating a bubble that reinforces their views and doesn't just discredit opposing views, but demonizes them. Thus we live in an age defined by alternative facts.

I don't have the answers. I do know that I still walk my dog in Freeport every day and things seem fine. My neighbors are still friendly, and the tourists are still shopping. Maybe the media and political voices on both sides who are crying like chicken little are full of crap. Maybe we should just stop listening to them.
Mike Tomlin

Postby geezil » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:50 pm

..........And to show you how ill-informed your bubble is, you have never been to the "cave", know where "Slab City" once stood, or let your dog swim in "Turd Creek".
geezil

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:02 pm

geezil wrote:.
..........And to show you how ill-informed your bubble is, you have never been to the "cave", know where "Slab City" once stood, or let your dog swim in "Turd Creek".

I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 1970s, I've forgotten more about that stuff than you'll ever know. I built the bubble myself, and it's awesome. And thanks to Trump I'll get the waterfront property that I couldn't afford soon.
Mike Tomlin

Postby geezil » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:49 am

...............Even Pitt had a Freeport boy for a basketball coach (Chipman 1980-1986). Your bubble is getting smarter.
geezil

Next

Return to Politics