Richard Dreyfuss & the Preamble...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Richard Dreyfuss & the Preamble...

Postby hawksfan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:32 pm

I think everyone knows who Richard Dreyfuss is...accomplished & (somewhat) iconic American actor....

Politically speaking, he's as liberal as they come...liberal NOT a social progressive. There's a Grand Canyon-esque difference between the two. He's also a patriot in the truest sense & I stand resolutely with him when he says....

"The Constitution and the Bill of Rights must be central and political parties must be peripheral. Civics has not been taught in the American public school system since 1970. The Constitution is why we have been admired...it gives us our national identity. Education turns students into citizens...it teaches them to run the country before it is their turn. Our national promises are opportunity, rise by merit and freedom. The Preamble to the Constitution is the mandate of the Country..."

Opportunity, rise by merit & freedom...those idea are being replaced by demand result, rise by grievances & demand conformity. In my view...this is an unfolding tragedy.

The Preamble for those that care, but may have forgotten...

"WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES, IN ORDER TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION, ESTABLISH JUSTICE, INSURE DOMESTIC TRANQUILITY, PROVIDE FOR THE COMMON DEFENCE, PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE AND SECURE THE BLESSINGS OF LIBERTY TO OURSELVES AND OUR POSTERITY, DO ORDAIN AND ESTABLISH THIS CONSTITUTION FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..."
hawksfan

Re: Richard Dreyfuss & the Preamble...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:52 pm

People who rise through hard work (or are carried like our President) can still reach the top 1% Both parties and several ideologies have colluded to restrict opportunities for the rest of us. Liberals are to blame for much of the damage. But conservatives just complain and accomplish nothing. Maybe give us moderates a shot.
Mike Tomlin

Return to Politics