Maine Senate Race

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Maine Senate Race

Postby nhsfan4life » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:18 pm

So far we have Angus King as the incumbent, and Eric Brakey challenging.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Brakey and his positions, http://rare.us/rare-politics/rare-liberty/libertarian-republican-eric-brakey-maines-28-year-old-political-wunderkind-announces-u-s-senate-run/

Who else on the GOP side of things will run, and do you think the DNC will find someone to run as well?
nhsfan4life

Re: Maine Senate Race

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:47 pm

DNC will stay out of it. They like King. Brakey would be a good addition to the libertarian movement, but I'm not sure a 28 year old (would be 30 if he took office because he has to be constitutionally) would be what is needed in the Senate right now. If he's as good as he seems to be, I'd rather he stay in the state legislature a bit longer and then make a run for the Blaine House.
thedude

Postby nhsfan4life » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:18 pm

He's done a lot of great work already, and is primed for national name recognition. I think he will lose to Angus, but it's gonna be fun to watch!
nhsfan4life

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:40 pm

I spoke with Brakey about policy stuff once, he seemed like a really good guy. A primary between him and LePage would be interesting. I think we'd be better off if he held the second district instead of Poliquin.
Mike Tomlin

Postby nhsfan4life » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:I spoke with Brakey about policy stuff once, he seemed like a really good guy. A primary between him and LePage would be interesting. I think we'd be better off if he held the second district instead of Poliquin.

I could not agree more. I cannot stand Poliquin. He refuses to take positions on stuff and it drives me insane. I wrote in Dennis "Red" Gendron for the district two congressional race.
nhsfan4life

Return to Politics