Well, that didn't last long

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Well, that didn't last long

Postby mainejeff » Fri May 05, 2017 5:50 am

hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Trump trumps them all in the corrupt, criminal and incompetent categories.

I'll grant that incompetent is in play, but we have to let the record be established for that, (the Gorsuch pick grants him huuuge cache & elevates all "grades" for competence for the foreseeable future).

But unlike Felonia Von Pantsuit whose documented criminality & corruption are legion, Trumpy is guilty of....nichero...

As a brainwashed Faux News fanboy....I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Fri May 05, 2017 7:32 am

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Trump trumps them all in the corrupt, criminal and incompetent categories.

I'll grant that incompetent is in play, but we have to let the record be established for that, (the Gorsuch pick grants him huuuge cache & elevates all "grades" for competence for the foreseeable future).

But unlike Felonia Von Pantsuit whose documented criminality & corruption are legion, Trumpy is guilty of....nichero...

As a brainwashed Faux News fanboy....I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :roll:

Tell me about the documented corruption & criminality that Trumpy is guilty of...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:00 am

Hillary had decades of political history in which to build an impressive portfolio of corruption. Trump is a rookie, but I'm convinced that he'll be the Barry Bonds to her Hank Aaron. Trump is on the corruption juice, he'll put up huge numbers.

He operates businesses all over the world, his daughter negotiates deals with foreign leaders as a federal employee, and his son in law is a shadowy figure that no one really understands. The Trump family is deeply engaged in the same pay for play behavior that got Hillary in trouble. Eventually the Russians will dump that data.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 pm

[quote="Mike Tomlin"]Hillary had decades of political history in which to build an impressive portfolio of corruption. Trump is a rookie, but I'm convinced that he'll be the Barry Bonds to her Hank Aaron. Trump is on the corruption juice, he'll put up huge numbers.

He operates businesses all over the world, his daughter negotiates deals with foreign leaders as a federal employee, and his son in law is a shadowy figure that no one really understands. The Trump family is deeply engaged in the same pay for play behavior that got Hillary in trouble. Eventually the Russians will dump the data

Well thats a prediction anyway.

So, whats best? Should we go all Maxine "I try to confirm my moron credentials daily" Waters & impeach him BEFORE the fact...?

FUTURE CRIMES! America's bold new frontier....
hawksfan

Postby driveandive » Fri May 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Please don't make Aaron roll over in his grave before he is even buried in it.
driveandive

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat May 06, 2017 8:14 am

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Hillary had decades of political history in which to build an impressive portfolio of corruption. Trump is a rookie, but I'm convinced that he'll be the Barry Bonds to her Hank Aaron. Trump is on the corruption juice, he'll put up huge numbers.

He operates businesses all over the world, his daughter negotiates deals with foreign leaders as a federal employee, and his son in law is a shadowy figure that no one really understands. The Trump family is deeply engaged in the same pay for play behavior that got Hillary in trouble. Eventually the Russians will dump the data

So, whats best? Should we go all Maxine "I try to confirm my moron credentials daily" Waters & impeach him BEFORE the fact...?

I don't listen to Maxine, I think Charles gets it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 9dcf9d469d
Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat May 06, 2017 8:16 am

driveandive wrote:Please don't make Aaron roll over in his grave before he is even buried in it.

Valid, and thanks for a good laugh.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sat May 06, 2017 10:30 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Hillary had decades of political history in which to build an impressive portfolio of corruption. Trump is a rookie, but I'm convinced that he'll be the Barry Bonds to her Hank Aaron. Trump is on the corruption juice, he'll put up huge numbers.

I don't listen to Maxine, I think Charles gets it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 9dcf9d469d

Well played Mikey...throwing The Hammer at me!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, and forgive my back patting....but have I not been saying lets judge on "policy, pronouncements, actions" all along...?

(Side note...I somehow missed the South Korea balls up; good grief...what an epic screwup with yuuuge consequences..)
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat May 06, 2017 12:49 pm

This is a sports forum, but politics isn't a sport. What happens in the moment means nothing compared to its legacy. I've tried, but I can't imagine how this useless tool could make this country better.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sat May 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:This is a sports forum, but politics isn't a sport. What happens in the moment means nothing compared to its legacy. I've tried, but I can't imagine how this useless tool could make this country better.

I don't thnk I'm getting your point on this one Mikey.

Having said that, in my view, having a much less apathetic, more engaged citizenry would help our country immeasurably. For instance, take the various reactions to the House's passing of the AHCA, a/k/a "ProgressiveRepublicanCare".

Republicans proclaim that they've repealed the ACA...they haven't. Democrats proclaim the imminent demise of millions...there won't be. And the black hearted ghouls in the media push the narrative of heartless restriction of pre-existing condition care...that section of the ACA lives on.

How many people know, or even care to know, those above facts? In my view, not nearly enough. Not nearly enough by tens of millions. This is a terrible state for our country to be in....apathy & slightly informed ignorance is a devastating combination. Its not about political leanings...people have their world views....it's about being TAUGHT that their citizenship MATTERS & that this wondrous Country of ours requires our commitment, (literally JFK, 20 Jan 61).

I am proud and profoundly grateful to be an American, I am a patriot....and when scratch my chin & contemplate what ISN'T being emphasized in our schools....citizenship....and what IS being emphasized...the contemptibly mis-named social justice movement....it makes me very, very afraid.
hawksfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics