Well, that didn't last long

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Well, that didn't last long

Postby hawksfan » Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:Hawk, name a place or time where conservatives created a free society without compromise. You guys put Reagan on a pedestal, and he was nothing if not a pragmatic moderate. Now he's part of a conservative mythology that embraces a history that never existed.

I wish to hell that conservatives would accept victory and stop driving with their eyes glued on Obama and Hillary in the rear view mirror. It feels like they're content to accept that winning made liberals miserable and not that it came with any responsibilities. Moderates keep chugging along and working towards progress and solutions.

You didn't answer my question...how is the system working & what is the moderate contribution to that? What are the "progress & solutions" you reference?
hawksfan

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 04, 2017 6:01 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:Hawk, name a place or time where conservatives created a free society without compromise. You guys put Reagan on a pedestal, and he was nothing if not a pragmatic moderate. Now he's part of a conservative mythology that embraces a history that never existed.

I wish to hell that conservatives would accept victory and stop driving with their eyes glued on Obama and Hillary in the rear view mirror. It feels like they're content to accept that winning made liberals miserable and not that it came with any responsibilities. Moderates keep chugging along and working towards progress and solutions.

I also question how moderates have really done anything for "progress" or solved anything. They seem to be good at getting re-elected....meh.

You have great points otherwise. I'm thinking that the Obama/Hillary obsession is just about played out with the American public.....running on fumes as they say. Does this Administration really think that will carry them through 4 years when they hold all of the power? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Thu May 04, 2017 7:34 am

mainejeff wrote:

I also question how moderates have really done anything for "progress" or solved anything. They seem to be good at getting re-elected....meh.

You have great points otherwise. I'm thinking that the Obama/Hillary obsession is just about played out with the American public.....running on fumes as they say. Does this Administration really think that will carry them through 4 years when they hold all of the power? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How come the GWB/ Cheney obsession got to last for the first 6 of Obama's thousand years?

How about this...when the left accepts the results of THIS election, the right will drop the BHO/HRC distraction. How about that, does that work? Seems fair to me...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu May 04, 2017 8:02 am

You didn't answer my question...how is the system working & what is the moderate contribution to that? What are the "progress & solutions" you reference?

Angus King and Susan Collins (perfect examples of moderation) have both taken stances on the new healthcare bill. Bruce Poliquin is our one real conservative rep and he'd rather run to the ladies room than take a stance: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/05/03/m ... alth-bill/

When would you rather be alive, and where would you rather be than in the United States now? You make it sound like we're living in North Korea.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu May 04, 2017 8:09 am

My point is that we are facing real challenges, and only those who are willing to compromise to find solutions are making any kind of progress. Otherwise it's just a bunch of lock stepped marching towards the abyss.
Mike Tomlin

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 04, 2017 11:40 am

hawksfan wrote:
How come the GWB/ Cheney obsession got to last for the first 6 of Obama's thousand years?

How about this...when the left accepts the results of THIS election, the right will drop the BHO/HRC distraction. How about that, does that work? Seems fair to me...

It's one thing for fanboys like yourself or fake news media like Fox News to keep doing it....it's another story for the President of the U.S. to not let go though.... :|
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Thu May 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:

My point is that we are facing real challenges, and only those who are willing to compromise to find solutions are making any kind of progress. Otherwise it's just a bunch of lock stepped marching towards the abyss.

When was the last time that social progressive democrats compromised on anything, ever? Seems to me it is always the Republicans that are compelled to "reach across the aisle", while SPD's (& their SPR compatriots) time & again have their agenda enacted.

When it is always one side giving & the other side getting, that isn't compromise, it's capitulation...
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:

It's one thing for fanboys like yourself or fake news media like Fox News to keep doing it....it's another story for the President of the U.S. to not let go though.... :|

Ok, point taken. I didn't know we were talking about Trumpy. Trumpy should stop worrying about BHO...a failed Presidency has come to a merciful end...he's old & irrelevant news. But Big Mother? Pfft! Maybe the single worst political candidate in all of human history, the most corrupt, criminal, incompetent Presidential nominee in the proud history of the US of A should stop talkin' sh** & fortheluvagawd go away!
hawksfan

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Trump trumps them all in the corrupt, criminal and incompetent categories.
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Fri May 05, 2017 4:55 am

mainejeff wrote:Trump trumps them all in the corrupt, criminal and incompetent categories.

I'll grant that incompetent is in play, but we have to let the record be established for that, (the Gorsuch pick grants him huuuge cache & elevates all "grades" for competence for the foreseeable future).

But unlike Felonia Von Pantsuit whose documented criminality & corruption are legion, Trumpy is guilty of....nichero...
hawksfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics