Well, that didn't last long

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Well, that didn't last long

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Looks like Brannon is going to be inventing news again instead of making it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 40eed8a59e

The Russians and Assad are using chemical weapons against civilians and the NRK is daring us to act. They are all less intimated by our man-boy president than they were by Obama and Hillary.

Yet Trump is brave in the face of what he perceives as in injustice: http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/05/media/d ... l-oreilly/

O'Reilly is a wife beating sexual predator and Trump gives him the type of praise that he usually reserves for his hero Putin. How can anyone with even an ounce of moral clarity continue to defend this fraud?
Mike Tomlin

Re: Well, that didn't last long

Postby hawksfan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Looks like Brannon is going to be inventing news again instead of making it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 40eed8a59e

The Russians and Assad are using chemical weapons against civilians and the NRK is daring us to act. They are all less intimated by our man-boy president than they were by Obama and Hillary.

Yet Trump is brave in the face of what he perceives as in injustice: http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/05/media/d ... l-oreilly/

O'Reilly is a wife beating sexual predator and Trump gives him the type of praise that he usually reserves for his hero Putin. How can anyone with even an ounce of moral clarity continue to defend this fraud?

It was my belief that the TDS fever would have broken by now...

This post...sadly....proves that I was wrong...TDS rages on, stronger than ever...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:26 am

TDS rages on, stronger than ever...

Not really, he's proving his weakness every day.
Mike Tomlin

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:53 am

Hawk,

I don't get it. Are you disgusted by Trump or not? The dude is the champion of sexual predators, yet is mostly mum on terrorism, actual terrorism when it actually happens, and you talk sh*t when someone calls him out for it?
thedude

Postby hawksfan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:27 pm

thedude wrote:Hawk,

I don't get it. Are you disgusted by Trump or not? The dude is the champion of sexual predators, yet is mostly mum on terrorism, actual terrorism when it actually happens, and you talk sh*t when someone calls him out for it?

I'd prefer that our Presidents STOP...immediately...commenting on every day run of the mills stories. It is a lose-lose for everyone. (Re O'Reilly)....also, I would hardly describe POTUS as a "champion of sexual predators"...there are many defending O'Reilly via long time friendship...POTUS shouldn't have been one of them...

In my view Mikey was succumbing to TDS because because he sought to make Trump responsible for both Syria & the NORKS and also O'Reilly...and then to top it off...castigated as a morally defective anyone who differed with him. To my mind, when an otherwise reasonable, thoughtful individual sets himself up as judge jury & executioner because he's pissed over a politician...that = TDS...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

hawksfan wrote:
thedude wrote:Hawk,

I'd prefer that our Presidents STOP...immediately...commenting on every day run of the mills stories. It is a lose-lose for everyone. (Re O'Reilly)....also, I would hardly describe POTUS as a "champion of sexual predators"...there are many defending O'Reilly via long time friendship...POTUS shouldn't have been one of them...

In my view Mikey was succumbing to TDS because because he sought to make Trump responsible for both Syria & the NORKS and also O'Reilly...and then to top it off...castigated as a morally defective anyone who differed with him. To my mind, when an otherwise reasonable, thoughtful individual sets himself up as judge jury & executioner because he's pissed over a politician...that = TDS...

I think that Trump is a morally and financially bankrupt loser, and I don't think that any of our enemies have an ounce of respect for him. Unfortunately our allies don't either. You'd have to be deranged to think otherwise.

O'Reiily's daughter testified in court that she watched him drag her mother (his wife at the time) down a flight of stairs by her throat. His employer has settled several sexual harassment suits as a means of hiding the truth about him. He is a Bill Cosby story waiting to happen. Yet a defense of his character was the most coherent statement from Trump in weeks.

I'm not "pissed over a politician", I'm just telling the truth. Try holding him just half as accountable as you held Obama, just half.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Alright Mikey...I totally disagree with you re: our enemies & allies. You're describing Obama with all that...its too soon for what you describe to be the case.

Re: O'Reilly...I didn't know any of that. I don't WANT to know any of that. I'll stick by what I said...Presidents should hush the hell up...their job does not include the daily cultural controversy...period.

Moving on...whats the play for US in Syria & the NORKS? Talk about on a tightrope with no net....I believe we've GOT to do something, but its GOT to be the right move, MUST be effective...what though? I have no clue...what a mess...
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:37 am

So Mikey...

1) do you think launching the Tomahawks was a good move; the right move?
2) regardless of #1, does the action...taken without prior notice to Vlad... at least give you pause in your belief that Trumpy is a Russian stooge?
3) kind of puts the kibosh on the idea of our government continuing the "Obama Doctrine" of enemy promotion and/or appeasement + ally abuse doesn't it?

All of our historical allies have applauded the move while Vlad & the Mad Mullahs are pissed...seems like a return to the natural order of things to me...
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:44 am

I wonder if this move in Syria will also give the NORKS second thoughts on their incontinent saber rattling?

Interesting that the move was carried out while Trumpy is enjoying a Mar-A Lago golf weekend with the Chinese premier, (sorry MJ...).
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:57 am

hawksfan wrote:So Mikey...

1) do you think launching the Tomahawks was a good move; the right move?
2) regardless of #1, does the action...taken without prior notice to Vlad... at least give you pause in your belief that Trumpy is a Russian stooge?
3) kind of puts the kibosh on the idea of our government continuing the "Obama Doctrine" of enemy promotion and/or appeasement + ally abuse doesn't it?

All of our historical allies have applauded the move while Vlad & the Mad Mullahs are pissed...seems like a return to the natural order of things to me...

We hit Saddam with all kinds of Tomahawks, yet we still ended up in a war that Trump described as a "disaster". And none of that had the slightest impact on North Korea's ambitions. This was very much a Bill Clinton move. What happens next will be the real test, and I don't have faith in Richie Rich's ability to handle it.
Mike Tomlin

Next

Return to Politics