The Fractured Republican Party

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby hawksfan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Meanwhile...Trumpy is tweeting away & revealing his conserva-phobia, trashing my guys in the Freedom Caucus & embracing Ryan's latest wonky nonsense...the Border Adjustment Tax (BAT as in...batty)...which is just a DC Dumbo euphemism for tariff which, in turn, will function as a tax on....US...well ain't that a helluva note...

Good grief...the true Trump-inistas,(vs the stop HRC voters that hoped but knew deep down), will soon realize that they are C. Brown, flying through the air, shocked that Lucy pulled the ball back once again...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby Lwyrup » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:55 pm

hawksfan wrote:Meanwhile...Trumpy is tweeting away & revealing his conserva-phobia, trashing my guys in the Freedom Caucus & embracing Ryan's latest wonky nonsense...the Border Adjustment Tax (BAT as in...batty)...which is just a DC Dumbo euphemism for tariff which, in turn, will function as a tax on....US...well ain't that a helluva note...

Good grief...the true Trump-inistas,(vs the stop HRC voters that hoped but knew deep down), will soon realize that they are C. Brown, flying through the air, shocked that Lucy pulled the ball back once again...


Just a short while ago you had your nose so far up Trumps butt and I don't mean Ivanka. Yea of little faith that the Donald won't deliver, he said Health insurance for everyone, you do know that means single payer! Also lower cost and that means gov subs! He could have a lot of votes from the other side of the aisle with that proposal?

REPEAL AND REPLACE with Single Payer?
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby hawksfan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:29 am

Lwyrup wrote:
hawksfan wrote:Meanwhile...Trumpy is tweeting away & revealing his conserva-phobia, trashing my guys in the Freedom Caucus & embracing Ryan's latest wonky nonsense...the Border Adjustment Tax (BAT as in...batty)...which is just a DC Dumbo euphemism for tariff which, in turn, will function as a tax on....US...well ain't that a helluva note...

Good grief...the true Trump-inistas,(vs the stop HRC voters that hoped but knew deep down), will soon realize that they are C. Brown, flying through the air, shocked that Lucy pulled the ball back once again...


Just a short while ago you had your nose so far up Trumps butt and I don't mean Ivanka. Yea of little faith that the Donald won't deliver, he said Health insurance for everyone, you do know that means single payer! Also lower cost and that means gov subs! He could have a lot of votes from the other side of the aisle with that proposal?

REPEAL AND REPLACE with Single Payer?


You couldn't be more wrong. Until approximately 1 October I was #NeverTrump. By that point my desire to see the humiliation of House Clinton exceeded my profound disappointment that Trump was the Republican nominee. My vote was cast in that context. That fact is easily verified right here on MBR.

Since the election, once the euphoria of the demise of the toxic Clinton Dynasty had worn off, I expressed hope for a successful presidency. LMan...continually calling you all out over this Russian lunacy does not equal being "up his butt". Trump's not hard to figure out...a NY born & bred liberal masquerading as a Republican. I reserve the right to agree when he's "goodTrumpy" & criticize when he's "badTrumpy"...according to my political worldview. That is all. Again failure to join the daily Goldsteinian Two Minute Hate does not equal being an actual Trumpinista...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby hawksfan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:37 am

...and as far as single payer...Trumpy has been an advocate of continued government intrusion into health insurance since day 1. I pray it never comes to pass, fully socialized medicine will be an utter disaster.

The government bureaucracy is not competent to handle such a massive task. You wanna see single payer? Take a gander at the shambles the VA is in. There's your single payer...ANY solution that is to be a success MUST include a massive reduction of government involvement...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby Lwyrup » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:01 am

VA problem is funding! You make a promise to Vets to get their vote then you won't fund it. It's politics , the same ones who want to spent 45 billion for new toys then won't pay for them, because their too busy giving tax breaks to the party's big donors. You want to be world cop but someone has to pay. Then file a law suit so corps can fund political parties then complain because the other party does the same thing . Sounds like hypocrisy to me.
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby hawksfan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Lwyrup wrote:VA problem is funding! You make a promise to Vets to get their vote then you won't fund it. It's politics , the same ones who want to spent 45 billion for new toys then won't pay for them, because their too busy giving tax breaks to the party's big donors. You want to be world cop but someone has to pay. Then file a law suit so corps can fund political parties then complain because the other party does the same thing . Sounds like hypocrisy to me.


This is quite the straw man argument. You sequed from blaming funding for the VA cluster to ragging on military funding, tax breaks for donors, to decrying Citizens United & finally wrapping it up with a general statement that amounts to "Republicans suck & they're mean"...

I'll stick policy as the rest is plain Bernie speak applesauce. Regarding the VA...you say lack of funding is the culprit. I disagree,...I say the VA is a bureaucratic leviathan, a monolith who's specialty is obstructive red tape, a special interest group all it's own who''s employees have had tenure bestowed upon them, a high percentage of whom undeservedly so. The VA... ( just like the rest of the federal bureaucracy)...has no incentive to behave efficiently, cost effectively, with urgency or with patient/citizen centered priorities...and so it doesn't. The VA budget is amply funded & utterly incompetently managed.

Get the government out of the way & VA health insurance AND care would improve by a factor of 100 inside of a year...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby Lwyrup » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 am

The gov is trying to not come up with the $$ until they are past the point of no return . They do not want to release the money , they figure that the next admin will refuse to fund it so why pay it now. They will not fund the health insurance and are trying to pay it day to day , expecting it to be cheaper in tomorrow's dollars, so why give it up. They have 535 reasons for not paying.
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby hawksfan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Lwyrup wrote:The gov is trying to not come up with the $$ until they are past the point of no return . They do not want to release the money , they figure that the next admin will refuse to fund it so why pay it now. They will not fund the health insurance and are trying to pay it day to day , expecting it to be cheaper in tomorrow's dollars, so why give it up. They have 535 reasons for not paying.


The federal kleptocrats take in $3.5T a year and spends $4.5T per year...both #'s are obscene. We need an amendment to tne Constitution requiring a balanced budget. In the interim...base line budgeting must be made unlawful & the President must be given authority to use a line item veto. Both of those can be accomplished via legislation from stout, visionary Republican leadership...I know, I know.... :lol:
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests