The Fractured Republican Party

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

The Fractured Republican Party

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:15 pm

will become more fractured with this type of rhetoric.

As a life long Republican, this saddens me. The hotspurs of our party were already sending us to our eventual doom. Now some clown who isn't a Republican is trying to put the last nail in the coffin. Sure could use a little Eisenhower around here.

-the dude
thedude

Re: The Fractured Republican Party

Postby hawksfan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Trumpy is already starting to make goo-goo eyes at the donkeys. I expected it eventually, but not this fast...

You mentioned Eisenhower...I read a biography on him...he struggled early on as he was used to issuing orders & having them immediately carried out. Seems as though Trumpy is in the same spot. Hence his demand that the health insurance mess be solved "NOW!!"...

Its difficult (impossible?) for me to imagine Trumpy having the requisite humility, as Ike obviously did, to grow to accept that it is HIS style that must modified in order for him to be successful in the vipers nest that DC has become...
hawksfan

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Don't pawn Trump off on the Democrats. We wamt nothing to do with him!
mainejeff

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:17 am

hawksfan wrote:Trumpy is already starting to make goo-goo eyes at the donkeys. I expected it eventually, but not this fast...

You mentioned Eisenhower...I read a biography on him...he struggled early on as he was used to issuing orders & having them immediately carried out. Seems as though Trumpy is in the same spot. Hence his demand that the health insurance mess be solved "NOW!!"...

Its difficult (impossible?) for me to imagine Trumpy having the requisite humility, as Ike obviously did, to grow to accept that it is HIS style that must modified in order for him to be successful in the vipers nest that DC has become...

Yeah... Eisenhower was used to giving the orders that beat Hitler. Trump has been giving orders to Gary Bussy and Vanilla Ice.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:28 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:Trumpy is already starting to make goo-goo eyes at the donkeys. I expected it eventually, but not this fast...

Yeah... Eisenhower was used to giving the orders that beat Hitler. Trump has been giving orders to Gary Bussy and Vanilla Ice.

Well that's just silly...he made his billions on Apprentice? Come on man...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:04 am

He inherited 250 million. There's no evidence to suggest that Trump converted that into more wealth than a monkey with an IRA would have earned.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:59 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:He inherited 250 million. There's no evidence to suggest that Trump converted that into more wealth than a monkey with an IRA would have earned.

More silliness...if the $250M figure is accurate & he's worth approximately $10B now, that would mean he's increased the original $250M by 40X....considerably better than Curious George & an IRA could do.

Your characterization of his acumen was floated during the campaign & was tired even then because it requires a premise that you start at $0 & success can only go UP; rather than the normal business world of ebbs & flows, profits & losses & so on... (not that you don't already know all that...just sayin'...)
hawksfan

Postby Pirates79 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:53 am

I doubt he's worth $10 billion.
Pirates79

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I've increased my net worth more than Trump has. And I've never had a bankruptcy, put my name on a tie made in China, hosed a contractor, run to my daddy for money, done business with anti-American foreign interests, or owed debt to Putin's allies. And that's all that Trump has ever done, if he's worth ten billion then I'll become a Pats fan.

He may be worth that much when he gets out of office, at our expense.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:I've increased my net worth more than Trump has. And I've never had a bankruptcy, put my name on a tie made in China, hosed a contractor, run to my daddy for money, done business with anti-American foreign interests, or owed debt to Putin's allies. And that's all that Trump has ever done, if he's worth ten billion then I'll become a Pats fan.

He may be worth that much when he gets out of office, at our expense.

Pirates79 wrote:I doubt he's worth $10 billion.

You guys are killing me...
hawksfan

Next

Return to Politics