Tonight on Fox!

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 pm

hawksfan wrote:I must've misinterpreted all those riots, all those BLM (hate group) protests calling for murdering cops, Dylan Roof(SC), all that flag burning in the Southwest, the continued resurrection of the (New) Black Panthers, the reprobates that call themselves the "alt-right"...

Are things better than, I don't know, say, 1967 (50 years)?....sure thing. Are they better than 1992(25 years)? No way & not in the same galaxy of "better than they've ever been"....


So race relations were better in 1992? I guess you forgot about Rodney King: https://www.britannica.com/event/Los-An ... ts-of-1992

The BLM movement represents race relations as much as the alt right does, not much. There will always be racists on both sides, we always have to watch them closely. But we have made huge progress on race. Both thanks to Obama and despite him.

But back to my original point. Trump is a tweeting loser and the GOP is failing big time. Sad.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby hawksfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:20 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:I must've misinterpreted all those riots, all those BLM (hate group) protests calling for murdering cops, Dylan Roof(SC), all that flag burning in the Southwest, the continued resurrection of the (New) Black Panthers, the reprobates that call themselves the "alt-right"...

Are things better than, I don't know, say, 1967 (50 years)?....sure thing. Are they better than 1992(25 years)? No way & not in the same galaxy of "better than they've ever been"....


So race relations were better in 1992? I guess you forgot about Rodney King: https://www.britannica.com/event/Los-An ... ts-of-1992

The BLM movement represents race relations as much as the alt right does, not much. There will always be racists on both sides, we always have to watch them closely. But we have made huge progress on race. Both thanks to Obama and despite him.

But back to my original point. Trump is a tweeting loser and the GOP is failing big time. Sad.


Agreed...the GOP is, once again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. "Tweeting loser"? I'll say a tweeting dumbass, there's a long way to go; a lot of history that is yet to unfold before the "loser" moniker can be hung.

His essential "liberal-ly-ness" is starting to break through...no tax reform, no wall, an unfunded $1T infrastructure boondoggle waiting in the wings...these are the potential eventualities that will brand him a failure.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:34 am

I don't think that Trump is liberal. I don't think he has any core political values at all. And I do think he'll continue to fail. Trump made a direct threat to GOP Congress members prior to the healthcare vote, he said that if they didn't support the bill they'd face his wrath. And he ended up with even less support afterwards. He makes Obama look like Roberto Duran.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby Lwyrup » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:06 am

Trump did it again this AM he tweeted shilling for fOx to watch them , this shows that the fOx fixation belongs to The Donald and not anyone else!
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby hawksfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Lwyrup wrote:Trump did it again this AM he tweeted shilling for fOx to watch them , this shows that the fOx fixation belongs to The Donald and not anyone else!


So LMan....what are your thoughts on...
Illegal immigration?
Taxes?
Regulations?
Education?
Syria, Iran, Israel, Iraq, China, foreign policy in general?
Sanctuary cities?
How about a final grade for the Obama administration?
Climate change?
the Wall?
Term limits?
Refugee policy?
1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, our Constitution?
Patriots DOMINANT off season, can they go 19-0 after their crushing failure of 18-1 in '07?
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby thedude » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:37 am

Hawksfan,

I have to say that it is difficult for me to take your opinions on race seriously, considering you live in Maine. And yes, you brought it up.

-the dude
User avatar
thedude
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby hawksfan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:14 pm

thedude wrote:Hawksfan,

I have to say that it is difficult for me to take your opinions on race seriously, considering you live in Maine. And yes, you brought it up.

-the dude


Yes I did "bring it up"...as one item on a list of about 10 or 12 items of serious difficulties our country currently faces. I expressed my view that race RELATIONS have deteriorated. Mikey disagreed. Thats it...So...what on gods green earth does where I live have to do with it? By your logic then the ONLY people who are allowed to bring up race in any way must reside either in urban settings or south of the Mason/Dixon....sorry dude, I find that position difficult to take seriously.

Instead of twisting yourself into a pretzel to manufacture a way to criticize me, why not actually express an opinion of your own regarding the list of items I wrote up...or any other of the billion or so issues going on out there for that matter. I'd bet its even possible we may agree on something...we'll never know if the best you've got is half hearted attacks on me that serve no purpose...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:31 pm

With few exceptions white people who live in Maine know very little about race relations.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby hawksfan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:01 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:With few exceptions white people who live in Maine know very little about race relations.


If your standard is based on population percentages....a case can be made for your point.

However, if someone is informed then where they live is utterly irrelevant. Dude's asinine point was because I'm white & live in the Northeast I don't have a valid opinion. Being a leftist, Dude's point was a clumsy, coded way to say "I can't take your view seriously because it conflicts with my view..."....
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox!

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm

By your logic then the ONLY people who are allowed to bring up race in any way must reside either in urban settings or south of the Mason/Dixon.


I think I made that point kinda clear.

Being a leftist, Dude's point was a clumsy, coded way to say "I can't take your view seriously because it conflicts with my view...


A republican leftist. hmmm...

-the dude
User avatar
thedude
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests