TrumpCare

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: TrumpCare

Postby driveandive » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:40 am

mainejeff wrote:The Republicans can't govern...period. They should all work in the private sector except most couldn't hack it and/or would be failures.


Blinders anyone? Obamacare itself is proof enough of the failure of Democrats to govern. It's completely indefensible yet people are still bemoaning its collapse.
User avatar
driveandive
 
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:12 am

driveandive wrote:
mainejeff wrote:The Republicans can't govern...period. They should all work in the private sector except most couldn't hack it and/or would be failures.


Blinders anyone? Obamacare itself is proof enough of the failure of Democrats to govern. It's completely indefensible yet people are still bemoaning its collapse.


But at least they passed it. In the seven years since Republicans have voted to outright repeal it six times, and voted to defund it in some way over 50 times. Yet now, when they're finally in a position to repeal they have presented an alternative that is actually worse than Obamacare.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby driveandive » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:41 am

Passing Obamacare was a failure. The inability to end it is a failure. We need leadership that will keep Government out of these activities that are known shipwrecks going in. EVERYBODY knew Obamacare would fail. If legislation like Obamacare gets bogged down for an entire term and fails, that is a success in my book. Ideally, the Federal Government would stick to their limited role, but I'm a realist enough to know that elected officials are the most egotistical Aholes east of Hollywood.
User avatar
driveandive
 
Posts: 2724
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby Lwyrup » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 am

If this bill fails you will see "The Night of a Thousand Knives" in the Area of the White House staff!

The Donald is never wrong so who is he going to blame?

Is Prebius done or just moved back a few steps?
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: TrumpCare

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am

driveandive wrote:Passing Obamacare was a failure. The inability to end it is a failure. We need leadership that will keep Government out of these activities that are known shipwrecks going in. EVERYBODY knew Obamacare would fail. If legislation like Obamacare gets bogged down for an entire term and fails, that is a success in my book. Ideally, the Federal Government would stick to their limited role, but I'm a realist enough to know that elected officials are the most egotistical Aholes east of Hollywood.


I'm at the point where I think we need to just create a single-payer system. The biggest mistake that we made as a society was wedding employment and health insurance. That creates the big pools of coverage that allows insurance companies to negotiate with health care providers for discounts that people who are self-insured don't get.

It also lowers economic output by keeping people stuck in jobs just to keep insurance, especially if we go back to denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. If your kid has a disease you are stuck in your job.

At least Obamacare addresses the reality that even if people decide not to buy insurance they still often need really expensive coverage if they get sick or in an accident. The cost of treating the uninsured is huge, and we subsidize it.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby hawksfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
driveandive wrote:Passing Obamacare was a failure. The inability to end it is a failure. We need leadership that will keep Government out of these activities that are known shipwrecks going in. EVERYBODY knew Obamacare would fail. If legislation like Obamacare gets bogged down for an entire term and fails, that is a success in my book. Ideally, the Federal Government would stick to their limited role, but I'm a realist enough to know that elected officials are the most egotistical Aholes east of Hollywood.


I'm at the point where I think we need to just create a single-payer system. The biggest mistake that we made as a society was wedding employment and health insurance. That creates the big pools of coverage that allows insurance companies to negotiate with health care providers for discounts that people who are self-insured don't get.

It also lowers economic output by keeping people stuck in jobs just to keep insurance, especially if we go back to denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. If your kid has a disease you are stuck in your job.

At least Obamacare addresses the reality that even if people decide not to buy insurance they still often need really expensive coverage if they get sick or in an accident. The cost of treating the uninsured is huge, and we subsidize it.


Mikey...agree 100% re: the necessity of completely untying the knot of health insurance & employment. 100% disagree re: single payer as the answer...thats government on 'roids....no, no way, resoundingly, emphatically "NO!"....

Look up DR JOSH UMBEHR....Wichita, KS...& CONCIERGE CARE...really good stuff...if it would take off it would be a free market revolution.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby mainejeff » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:57 pm

TrumpCare bill has been pulled and will not be voted on.

Republicans blaming Obama & Democrats on its failure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17950
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby Lwyrup » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:08 pm

What we have now is Trumpcare as Trump removed the mandate so it has become Trumpcare !
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: TrumpCare

Postby Pirates79 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

The Freedom Caucus controls the GOP. Why are the moderate GOPers so afraid of these 30 jack asses?
Pirates79
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: TrumpCare

Postby mainejeff » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:27 pm

The Republican Party sold its soul to the devil and now they are paying for it.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17950
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests