Isn't Awesome...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby Pirates79 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Keep squawking so more readers will know you're full of crap. Clifton was nominated by Bush II and unanimously approved by the Senate in 2002. I believe the Republicans controlled Congress during Bush's first two years.

Your argument that W would nominated a"wild eyed progressive social democrat" is over the top. And to have him unanimously approved by the Senate?

I'm going to need taller boots if I want to keep wallowing around in your bullsh!t posts.

Try again Hawk.
Pirates79
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby Pirates79 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:16 pm

driveandive wrote:A Bush nominated Souter too. When's the last time a Democrat nominated someone like Scalia?



Point noted,,,,,,,,but, I have to say, 1990 was quite a different political climate than 2002.
Pirates79
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby hawksfan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Pirates79 wrote:Keep squawking so more readers will know you're full of crap. Clifton was nominated by Bush II and unanimously approved by the Senate in 2002. I believe the Republicans controlled Congress during Bush's first two years.

Your argument that W would nominated a"wild eyed progressive social democrat" is over the top. And to have him unanimously approved by the Senate?

I'm going to need taller boots if I want to keep wallowing around in your bullsh!t posts.

Try again Hawk.


Try again Mr Bream...I was talking about the judge in Seattle. As far the 9th "Circus" in San Fran Nan Land it is BY FAR the most reversed appeals court in the land...the reason for that is because...it has been & remains a haven for judicial activists who don't give a rip about the law, but care only for legislating from the bench with their FEELINGS as the paramount consideration.

You can attack me till the cows come home Breamer....I have super powers...I am impervious to leftist silliness...unlike snowflake central on your side of the aisle I understand the sticks/stones, words never hurting me...

THWACK! ball returned...now back in your court...try again...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:44 pm

I really don't understand the initial post. Four judges, all unanimous:

1st Judge - Bush appointed

2nd, 3rd, 4th Judges - Bush appointed, Carter appointed, Obama appointed.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Two judges appointed by Republicans, two judges appointed by Democrats. It is what it is, and they all agreed. Seems objective. Also lends credit to the judicial system. Checks and balances. Live in a fact world.

-the dude
User avatar
thedude
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby hawksfan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:17 pm

thedude wrote:I really don't understand the initial post. Four judges, all unanimous:

1st Judge - Bush appointed

2nd, 3rd, 4th Judges - Bush appointed, Carter appointed, Obama appointed.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Two judges appointed by Republicans, two judges appointed by Democrats. It is what it is, and they all agreed. Seems objective. Also lends credit to the judicial system. Checks and balances. Live in a fact world.

-the dude


What...specifically....does the political party of the appointing president have to do with this case?

Dude... best to live in a world where you have knowledge of the justices in question & their judicial histories....check those out & then get back to me & tell me if it means a good goddam who appointed them. (Jesus wept.,".2 outta 4 bush appointees so I win. Oh & 'checks & balances and stuff..."....gimmee a break... :roll: )...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby Lwyrup » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Fact check!

The 9th Circuit is not the most over turned Circuit!

Game set and match!
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby hawksfan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Lwyrup wrote:Fact check!

The 9th Circuit is not the most over turned Circuit!

Game set and match!


And which is...?
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby Lwyrup » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Fact check:

Pick one the 6th and the 11th are overturned more than the 9th.

Sean Hannity is almost as loose with facts as Kelly Anne , the soon to be hawker for the "Home Shopping Network" !
HaHa! I just crack myself up!
Lwyrup
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 am

What...specifically....does the political party of the appointing president have to do with this case?


A lot.

-the dude
User avatar
thedude
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Isn't Awesome...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:12 pm

thedude wrote:
What...specifically....does the political party of the appointing president have to do with this case?


A lot.

-the dude


Doesn't matter how much Trump twists the Constitution, Hawk will abide.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests