Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

This explains what liberals are

Postby geezil » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:00 pm

..........Hawked this from Rush. This should define what liberals are:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017 ... ent-trump/
geezil

Re: This explains what liberals are

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm sure that I could find a pithy quote from Michael Moore or Keith Oberman that defined conservatives. But what's the point? Like Rush they're just gasbags who never accomplished anything beyond figuring out how to get rich by keeping us angry.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Pirates79 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Any one who listens to Rush Limbaugh is sucker and a fool.
Pirates79

Postby hawksfan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:29 am

Pirates79 wrote:Any one who listens to Rush Limbaugh is sucker and a fool.

Before making such sweeping & downright silly generalizations, it might good for you to listen to the program....listen....from beginning to end at least once.

Save your breath in telling me that you have....I won't believe you...
hawksfan

Postby geezil » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:12 am

...........Thank you fellas--You have proved what the explanation I provided has detailed. Being two weeks shy of 85, I can assure you that a helluva lot more people than you have told me that I would fail in life. That's why I got where I'm at. Thank you again.
geezil

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:34 am

hawksfan wrote:

Before making such sweeping & downright silly generalizations, it might good for you to listen to the program....listen....from beginning to end at least once.

I listen a couple of times a week for 45 minutes or so. Basically he stayed neutral on Trump prior to the election and dumped on Hillary, kept his finger in the wind until he knew where his listeners were heading.

Rush can be funny, he's a talented entertainer. But he's just an entertainer. I can't see any reason to value his opinion more than Sean Penn's.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:

I listen a couple of times a week for 45 minutes or so. Basically he stayed neutral on Trump prior to the election and dumped on Hillary, kept his finger in the wind until he knew where his listeners were heading.

Rush can be funny, he's a talented entertainer. But he's just an entertainer. I can't see any reason to value his opinion more than Sean Penn's.

Well sure...he's an entertainer, as they all are. His shtick is trashing the left in all it's forms. Just the other day he beat up on Trumpy for facilitating LawMan's "saturday night massacre" meme ( :roll: ) by not canning ALL the Obama holdovers on inauguration day...so he's not a shill. As you said he's an entertainer...because that's the game he's in.

I take issue with your conflating his opinion(s) as equal to...Sean Penn's...? :shock: ...come on, that's nuts. Sean Penn who to this day espouses Chavez Venezuelan economic policies, who hung out with and interviewed El Chapo as the fat drug king was being hunted internationally? Can't get with ya on that comparison...had you used say Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews or some other liberal member of the commentariat...for apples to apples comparison...that would make more sense to me from the "they're entertainers" context...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Valid points Hawk. Plus Penn has done great work as a non-political actor, and some solid directing. Otherwise he's pretty much a db.

Rush is the right's Michael Moore. They both get paid well to sell a set of values that are the complete opposite of how they actually live their lives. Moore dresses like a bum and claims to be a voice of the working class, but he's an upper west side elitist. Rush cloaks himself in patriotism and traditional values, but he's a draft dodging divorce expert.
Mike Tomlin

Postby spudneck111 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:15 am

I agree totally that Rush is an entertainer. The garbage about his personal life, I don't care about. BTW, you forgot to mention that he is a pill popper.
spudneck111

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:41 pm

I could care less what 85 year olds think.
mainejeff

Next

Return to Politics