Saturday night massacre REDUX

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Saturday night massacre REDUX

Postby Lwyrup » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:51 pm

We can go back to 73 and what did Nixon say " I am not a crook" and what was proved was yes he was a crook ! What is worse is he is not just sounding and acting like Nixon but he is saying anyone who has a contrary view- opinion is minimalize and he tries to humilate them so they shut up. He does not respect freedom of speech and that more people voted for his opponent than him. This is going to be his downfall the ability to more on!
I really think he is going to get frustrated when the votes go against him and resign.
Lwyrup

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:00 pm

Lwyrup wrote:We can go back to 73 and what did Nixon say " I am not a crook" and what was proved was yes he was a crook ! What is worse is he is not just sounding and acting like Nixon but he is saying anyone who has a contrary view- opinion is minimalize and he tries to humilate them so they shut up. He does not respect freedom of speech and that more people voted for his opponent than him. This is going to be his downfall the ability to more on!
I really think he is going to get frustrated when the votes go against him and resign.

Says the guy who voted for HRC...someone who's crimes dwarf those of RMN. Anyway we've moved from Hitler to Nixon...from an Austrian to an American...that's progress LawMan. At that rate of improvement you'll be in the booth 4 years hence happily casting your vote for DJT!
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm a fan of Susan Collins, and I trust her evaluation of Jeff Sessions. I disagree with him on many issues, but I do think that he could be a good man. And I do believe that he's been unfairly dragged through the mud by the left. I really hope he has the guts to stand up to Trump as much as he hoped that Yates would stand up to Obama: http://www.businessinsider.com/sally-ya ... ing-2017-1

Note that Sessions throws down the Nixon card, please note that he praises Ashcroft's resolve in the face of Bush's overreaction to terrorism. You may call me a victim of TDS, maybe I am. I hope that I am.

It's just that I don't see Trump as a conservative, or a Republican. When I attack him I'm not trying to attack those values, I honestly believe that they can align with American values. But Trump is a punk and a *insert the woman's body part he likes to grab*, and I see nothing but chaos and the weakening of our nation resulting from his time as president.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Lwyrup » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am

Why does this remind me of the late 60's and early 70's, now we have ugly protests eminating from Berkeley. This is just two weeks in and we have an "enemies list" at the White House. He will start having a bunker mentality and it will be all of his own making. Your a bully when you only pick fights with those who you consider weaker. You start dumping on long time allies is worrying on many levels. You do realize that the Aussies backed our play in Vietnam with boots on the ground . I'm just waiting for him to dump on South Korea who also had troops in Nam.
Lwyrup

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:47 am

Did Melanoma get caught up in the travel ban? She seems to be MIA.
mainejeff

Postby spudneck111 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:09 am

Call radical terrorism what it is... radical terrorism, check. Wind up the far left loonies, check. Sow the free flow of illegal immigrants into the country, check. Wind up the far left loonies, check. Start correcting the poor trade agreements that we have, check. Wind up the far left loonies, check. Encouraging the repeal of the ACA, check. Wind up the far left loonies, check. And the list will continue to grow and the lefties will keep getting wound tighter and tighter...
spudneck111

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:37 pm

That's all you care about...like #LyingTrump & his band of Deplorables.
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Lwyrup wrote:Why does this remind me of the late 60's and early 70's, now we have ugly protests eminating from Berkeley. This is just two weeks in and we have an "enemies list" at the White House. He will start having a bunker mentality and it will be all of his own making. Your a bully when you only pick fights with those who you consider weaker. You start dumping on long time allies is worrying on many levels. You do realize that the Aussies backed our play in Vietnam with boots on the ground . I'm just waiting for him to dump on South Korea who also had troops in Nam.

Your concern about the Aussie call is valid LawMan....Trumpy getting heated over a bullsh** bomb left by Obama...I think a much graver concern is the leak the West Wing has & their failure to identify & close it. How on earth are private phone calls getting out to the lying liars in the donkey super-pac? This shows a distinct lack of "swamp savvy". Fix it Reince or be gone!!

Curious though LawMan...you express dismay...rightfully so...over treatment of "long time allies". Fair enough...but where was your outrage when President Mom-Jeans f**ked over Israel at the UN three weeks ago? A f**king over that will have long term implications for Israel's security & virtually guarantees many more Israeli deaths at the hands of the vermin they have the misfortune to share space with...
hawksfan

Postby Pirates79 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Israel has gone so far right they make the US look like Finland. The only chance for peace in the middle-east is the two-state solution. Netanyahu needs to go and Israel needs a more moderate government if they want any chance at peace in the next 50 years.
Pirates79

Postby hawksfan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Pirates79 wrote:Israel has gone so far right they make the US look like Finland. The only chance for peace in the middle-east is the two-state solution. Netanyahu needs to go and Israel needs a more moderate government if they want any chance at peace in the next 50 years.

Typical.

Tell me P79...how is a a two state solution ever going to be possible when Hamas, Hez'bollah, Abbas et al....REFUSE to make the simple declaration that Israel...as an entity...has a human right to EXIST...? Go ahead, take your shot at chopping that Gordian Knot in half P79.

Typical leftist tripe.....blind, deaf & dumb to the reality, an eerie willingness to accept those who perpetrate mayhem and foment murderous behaviour across the globe as the victim & condemn the oasis of sanity, the people...most especially a giant of liberty & peace as Benjamin Netanyahu...who have offered peace time & again and been answered with escalated violence, no no !...it is they who are the perpetrator...

Two state solution? Sure thing man, your whimsical, 10th grade analysis will be right on...as soon as a joint statement is made...at the UN...that every single country within 1500 miles of the State of Israel affirms & pledges to abide with Israel as a sovereign nation...until then? Pffft... call the mullahs & ask them for better talking points dude...
hawksfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics