CAROLINA ON MY MIND

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

Postby Pirates79 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 am

Any thoughts on the power grab by the neo-fascist North Carolina Republican Party.

What a pile of conservative bull. Let's hear how this can be condoned by any one,,,, left, right,,,,,, up, down,,,,,, inside out,over easy,,,,,,,,,I can't wait.
Pirates79

Re: CAROLINA ON MY MIND

Postby mainejeff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:40 am

Pirates79 wrote:Any thoughts on the power grab by the neo-fascist North Carolina Republican Party.

What a pile of conservative bull. Let's hear how this can be condoned by any one,,,, left, right,,,,,, up, down,,,,,, inside out,over easy,,,,,,,,,I can't wait.

It's OK says hawksfan because anything that benefits conservatives is OK. :roll:

Do as I say not as I do = conservative mantra. :roll: :roll: :roll:
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Pirates79 wrote:Any thoughts on the power grab by the neo-fascist North Carolina Republican Party.

The way you described it certainly sounds bad P79. I can't believe I missed this one..what happened?
hawksfan

Postby Pirates79 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:17 pm

McCrory, the Republican governor, lost a close election to the Democratic state attorney general. McCrory called a special session of the legislature last week and the Republican controlled legislature passed a set of "unpresidented" new laws to restrict the incoming governor's power. A total power grab in my opinion. Typical of this era's Republican Party.

Just had to use "unpresidented" in there, couldn't resist. :D
Pirates79

Postby mainejeff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:05 pm

It's only a bad thing if the Democrats did it. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby Pirates79 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 pm

MJ, I guess you're right. Not much commentary on this post. I guess as long as the left side of the aisle doesn't pull stuff like this it is OK.
Pirates79

Postby hawksfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:59 pm

I agree...kind of a douche move, no doubt. I don't agree with politicians, R or D, after having been fired, passing ANY kind of legislation that binds the new guys coming in to policies or restraints that the old guys favored. There's a clock ticking on every one of these people every cycle, if something they wanted done hasn't happened by election day & you lose? Thats it, your time is done & your new role is to facilitate the smooth transition in that interim time period...

Kinda wish BHO would embrace that idea...
hawksfan

Return to Politics