Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:39 pm

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Under the current levels of domestic regulation this happened: https://www.wired.com/2016/03/new-us-ea ... ced-risks/

Here's a look at the potential consequences of unchecked deregulation: http://www.popsci.com/air-pollution-new-delhi


1) I don't believe for one second that fracking equals "man made" earthquakes.
2) Why show me a picture of New Delhi now? Why not a picture of Pittsburgh from the 30's-50's? Point is...we aren't going backwards because regulatons are eased. We have over 1M different regulatory "laws" that we live under; American business pays almost $1T per year on regulatory compliance...both of those factoids are immoral & obscene.

Back to the environement specifically...pffft! The planet is fine, American security, strength & prosperity are the goals...fracking, off shore drilling, keystone, approving leases on federal land, open up ANWR, natural gas, coal, new nuclear plants...let's do it...because we can...Uncle Stifling Bureaucratic Nosferatu just has to get the hell out of the way...


That's all pretty easy to type far from where fracking actually happens.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby hawksfan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:10 pm

I'll need to be provided with some sort of de-politicized NASA style, twice blind vetted, doubly triply confirmed study with multiple peer confirmations as amendments plus detailed bibliography of any/all sources of information to include detailed author confirmation of qualifications....before I believe that fracking is causing earthquakes.

Sorry, but climate alarmists have not cried but screamed wolf for decades & have been proven wrong with awe inspiring consistancy, not to mention being exposed repeatedly cooking their data books to fit their preconceived conclusions; because of those known facts I'm sticking with...the planet is fine...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:12 pm

hawksfan wrote:I'll need to be provided with some sort of de-politicized NASA style, twice blind vetted, doubly triply confirmed study with multiple peer confirmations as amendments plus detailed bibliography of any/all sources of information to include detailed author confirmation of qualifications....before I believe that fracking is causing earthquakes.

Sorry, but climate alarmists have not cried but screamed wolf for decades & have been proven wrong with awe inspiring consistancy, not to mention being exposed repeatedly cooking their data books to fit their preconceived conclusions; because of those known facts I'm sticking with...the planet is fine...


Yet, you'll believe anything that the talking heads spew on Fox News.......but of course! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 18101
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:31 am

hawksfan wrote:I'll need to be provided with some sort of de-politicized NASA style, twice blind vetted, doubly triply confirmed study with multiple peer confirmations as amendments plus detailed bibliography of any/all sources of information to include detailed author confirmation of qualifications....before I believe that fracking is causing earthquakes.

Sorry, but climate alarmists have not cried but screamed wolf for decades & have been proven wrong with awe inspiring consistancy, not to mention being exposed repeatedly cooking their data books to fit their preconceived conclusions; because of those known facts I'm sticking with...the planet is fine...


Turns out you're right Hawk. Fracking doesn't cause earthquakes. The disposal of fracking wastewater does: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/ ... bf1a877f65
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby hawksfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:13 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:I'll need to be provided with some sort of de-politicized NASA style, twice blind vetted, doubly triply confirmed study with multiple peer confirmations as amendments plus detailed bibliography of any/all sources of information to include detailed author confirmation of qualifications....before I believe that fracking is causing earthquakes.

Sorry, but climate alarmists have not cried but screamed wolf for decades & have been proven wrong with awe inspiring consistancy, not to mention being exposed repeatedly cooking their data books to fit their preconceived conclusions; because of those known facts I'm sticking with...the planet is fine...


Turns out you're right Hawk. Fracking doesn't cause earthquakes. The disposal of fracking wastewater does: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/ ... bf1a877f65


Definitely reads as a factor that should be vigorously investigated. However a "prediction" of a 5%-17% increase in the "chance" of increased seismic activity is not nearly enough to offset the revolutionary benefits, let alone ban the technology.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby hawksfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:19 am

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:I'll need to be provided with some sort of de-politicized NASA style, twice blind vetted, doubly triply confirmed study with multiple peer confirmations as amendments plus detailed bibliography of any/all sources of information to include detailed author confirmation of qualifications....before I believe that fracking is causing earthquakes.

Sorry, but climate alarmists have not cried but screamed wolf for decades & have been proven wrong with awe inspiring consistancy, not to mention being exposed repeatedly cooking their data books to fit their preconceived conclusions; because of those known facts I'm sticking with...the planet is fine...


Yet, you'll believe anything that the talking heads spew on Fox News.......but of course! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:


Jeez that was harsh MJ. I'm feeling triggered, microagressed and am in dire need of a safe space...your disagreement with my view on this makes me very sad...after I regain my compsure I'm getting up off this fainting couch and am going to circulate a petition calling for a ban on all mockery...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:39 am

Definitely reads as a factor that should be vigorously investigated. However a "prediction" of a 5%-17% increase in the "chance" of increased seismic activity is not nearly enough to offset the revolutionary benefits, let alone ban the technology.


I'm not arguing in favor of banning fracking. But regulation is important. The oil and gas companies currently don't have to disclose what's in the liquid they use to frack. So if you're exposed to it medical personal don't know exactly how to treat you.

And if you draw well water in an area where fracking occurs you're not sure what to test for. We're talking about pumping unknown chemicals at high pressure into the earth, and then removing and storing that liquid afterwards. That has consequences.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby hawksfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Regarding the importance of regulation...I understand your point through the examples that you gave. I'll certainly concede that importance as a necessary evil to keep everyone honest.

Having said that, the point I'm arguing is two-fold....1) back to the 1M total/$1T cost...those totals are as I described earlier...immoral & obscene and 2) regulation now is too often, (ESPECIALLY environemental policy), an Uncle Stoopid tool to curb behaviour away from ideologically undesireable interests rather than an actual problem solver.

Case in point is EPA fiat for 50+ mph requirement for cars (carbon bad!) vs tax payer funded wind farms ("clean" good!) that are utterly useless & are slicing & dicing bald eagles like a Billy Mays revival meeting...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Any concerns that he still Tweets like a tween?
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby hawksfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Not yet...he'll need a little time to ween himself off of that crutch. Frankly, as I regard the twitter-verse as a contemptible cesspool of rancid bile, it's my hope that no POTUS...the Orange One & on into the future...tweets at all. In my view it's beneath the dignity of the office.

I keep hearing that Twitter is an unviable company due to an unsustainable business model. I believe the world would be a better, calmer, happier place without Twitter; hopefully the market forces that govern it will result in it's fade to oblivion.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests