Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Who do you think will win the presidential election?

Postby mainejeff » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:04 pm

hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:If Trump can keep religious conservatives at bay and off the backs of law abiding Americans like myself.....he will have achieved something. If he can at least recognize the damage that certain completely unregulated industries do to the environment (and human health)....I'd give him a bit more credit as well.

In what alternative universe exists an America where there is any industry whatsoever that is "completely unregulated"....?

In Trump's forthcoming alternate universe.
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:34 pm

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:If Trump can keep religious conservatives at bay and off the backs of law abiding Americans like myself.....he will have achieved something. If he can at least recognize the damage that certain completely unregulated industries do to the environment (and human health)....I'd give him a bit more credit as well.

In what alternative universe exists an America where there is any industry whatsoever that is "completely unregulated"....?

In Trump's forthcoming alternate universe.

It's been a long while MJ...glad you're back....

It's my hope that the forthcoming Trump presidency is "checked & balanced" back to a much more traditional mode of lawful change. In other words...none of the people he will need to help him move the ball are going to tolerate Obama style pen & phone lawlessness.

So I don't believe your apocalyptic visions are necessary MJ...besides...the planet is fine, we have an obligation to tap our vast natural resources with an eye towards being energy independent. It can be done, it can be done safely, efficiently and cleanly as well.

Energy independence is critical to America's future prosperity which in turn is the critical cog upon which American foreign policy strength rests. All the Federal Government has to do in order to affect that outcome is....take the size 16 Uncle Stupid boot off their necks and let them do what they do! They'll innovate & explore & create collateral wealth & so on...& they won't hurt the environment...why? Because there is ZERO percentage for them to do otherwise..

This is a promise Trump has made...it is critical that he immediately begin to keep it...

The planet is fine MJ....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:44 am

Under the current levels of domestic regulation this happened: https://www.wired.com/2016/03/new-us-ea ... ced-risks/

Here's a look at the potential consequences of unchecked deregulation: http://www.popsci.com/air-pollution-new-delhi
Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:04 am

hawksfan wrote:

Watch the exodus from the White House to Wall Street that will take place when Obama leaves in a few months.
Mike Tomlin

Postby mario_spaghettio » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:51 am

lol at all the ladyboys crying in their safe space :lol:
mario_spaghettio

Postby Pirates79 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:

Watch the exodus from the White House to Wall Street that will take place when Obama leaves in a few months.

That exodus happens after every administration.
Pirates79

Postby Pirates79 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:07 pm

mario_spaghettio wrote:lol at all the ladyboys crying in their safe space :lol:

Mario, thank you for another well thought out and intelligent post. Your degree from Trump University was a good investment. ;)
Pirates79

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:25 pm

That exodus happens after every administration.

It sure does, but I was responding to Hawk's question:

Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:29 pm

mario_spaghettio wrote:lol at all the ladyboys crying in their safe space :lol:

Such a nasty woman.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Under the current levels of domestic regulation this happened: https://www.wired.com/2016/03/new-us-ea ... ced-risks/

Here's a look at the potential consequences of unchecked deregulation: http://www.popsci.com/air-pollution-new-delhi

1) I don't believe for one second that fracking equals "man made" earthquakes.
2) Why show me a picture of New Delhi now? Why not a picture of Pittsburgh from the 30's-50's? Point is...we aren't going backwards because regulatons are eased. We have over 1M different regulatory "laws" that we live under; American business pays almost $1T per year on regulatory compliance...both of those factoids are immoral & obscene.

Back to the environement specifically...pffft! The planet is fine, American security, strength & prosperity are the goals...fracking, off shore drilling, keystone, approving leases on federal land, open up ANWR, natural gas, coal, new nuclear plants...let's do it...because we can...Uncle Stifling Bureaucratic Nosferatu just has to get the hell out of the way...
hawksfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics