Question 3 On Maine Ballot

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Question 3 On Maine Ballot

Postby 2Gap3Gap4Gap5 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 am

Maine citizens need to unite against ex-NYC mayor Bloombergs efforts to instill NYC style gun control, here in Maine.

The claim by the people who want Universal Background Checks, is that its a grassroots effort. That's hardly true. Bloomberg has contributed close to $3.5 million, while Maine residents, have given less than $2,000. The group, Gun Owners of Maine, on the other hand, has raised monies from its own members, while the NRA has contributed a negligible amount of funding...millions less than Bloomberg has given to the anti-gun group.

Bloomberg also hires out-of-state people to come to Maine, to collect signatures, and attend fairs to set up YES booths. The majority are from NYC or NJ.

Question 3 is chick full of misleading "exceptions" to background checks, mostly related to immediate family. But consider this....you have a son or daughter who lives out of state, but whom returns to Maine each year, to bird hunt with his/her friends. Your son does not want have to pay 2 FFL dealers to have his shotgun shipped to Maine, nor the associated air fare for the firearm. He also does not want to risk transporting the firearm across stateliness. So, he decides that he/she will borrow his fathers (YOUR) shotgun, so that he can continue returning to Maine to hunt.

If this ballot question passes, both YOU and YOUR son, will be felons. Unless the transferrer is going to physically hunt with the transferee, you will be breaking the new law. For you to not be a felon in this situation, you would either have to physically hunt with your son, OR go to a FFL dealer, and have the shotgun transferred from you, to your son, before he goes hunting. THEN, you would have to reverse the process, in order to get your gun back. The FFL will charge fees for both transactions.

A YES vote, on Question 3, will make criminals out of law-abiding Maine citizens.

I urge everyone here to vote NO, on Question 3. An anti-gun mayor from a city with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country (which has an ever increasing amount of gun violence) should not be allowed to change Maine. Maine does NOT have a gun problem. Its one of the top 5 safest states, in terms of violent and property crime rates.

Lets vote to keep Maine, Maine!

End of rant.
2Gap3Gap4Gap5

Re: Question 3 On Maine Ballot

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Well said. I've done several in family transfers using dealers and background checks, not a big hassle. But that doesn't mean I want Bloomberg making it mandatory. I think the NRA was wise to avoid investing in this. He'll spend a bundle on a loss.
Mike Tomlin

Postby spudneck111 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Using dealers and background checks for family? WOW!

VOTE NO!
spudneck111

Postby ball2112 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:31 am

Should be no to all questions this year. All bring nothing to this state but BS.
ball2112

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:48 am

spudneck111 wrote:Using dealers and background checks for family? WOW!

VOTE NO!

Yes, easier and safer when shipping across state lines.
Mike Tomlin

Return to Politics