Our MSM Media is dangerous...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Our MSM Media is dangerous...

Postby hawksfan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:49 pm

Tonight CBS News ran a five minute report...a huge investment of time considering it's only a 22 minute broadcast...on the abattoir that Chicago has become; to date Chicago's total number of murders is DOUBLE the Big Apple's & the City of Angels COMBINED....think about that for a moment....

Yet the focus of the news report was...the cops. This is a hearbreaking developement. Chicago's gangs run free & rampant...murdering EACH OTHER or innocents in the cross fire, Dwayne Wade's cousin being the most recent, at an astonishing rate & somehow CBS News finds a way to blame the cops. This is a form of lying, pure & simple...to serve a political narrative.

When a news organization chooses a political agenda...cops bad, lawbreakers just misunderstood...no matter the actual truth...we are led to society where...

In San Francisco....Kapearnick trashes America & disses our Anthem and he's cool, he's heroic; and in Dallas....where five men in blue, men who had nothing to do with anything that happened this bloody summer, were slaughtered in cold blood...the Cowboys were told "NO!" by the NFL, a small decal on their helmets to show respect for their city's loss was a too controversial...

Up is down, right is wrong, good is bad & bad is good...heartbreaking :cry:
hawksfan

Re: Our MSM Media is dangerous...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:58 am

If you wanted a different take on Chicago you could just switch the channel to Fox. I've read and heard a great deal of criticism of Kapernick. And the decision in Dallas was made by the NFL, not the media.

Personally I'm sick of the fact that controversy drives so much of our national dialog. Gary Johnson and Bill Weld aren't making wild statements, or telling outright lies every day. Neither of them has a huge scandal dragging them down. They're talking about real policy that addresses real problems. And they get no press at all.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:If you wanted a different take on Chicago you could just switch the channel to Fox. I've read and heard a great deal of criticism of Kapernick. And the decision in Dallas was made by the NFL, not the media.

Personally I'm sick of the fact that controversy drives so much of our national dialog. Gary Johnson and Bill Weld aren't making wild statements, or telling outright lies every day. Neither of them has a huge scandal dragging them down. They're talking about real policy that addresses real problems. And they get no press at all.

I myself don't need a different take on on Chicago as I'm well aware of what's (AND why) happening there. My profound concern is that the MSM Super-Pac dominates in total number of viewers...that's why I titled it "dangerous"...perpetuating "cop hate" to those that are misguidedly inclined to trust that they're getting a fair accounting...

I agree scandal and controversy are tiresome....our Kardashian Kulture rolls on Mikey...

(Hey! How about Carlos Danger Weiner Abedin?!!? Is that proof that Herself is unfit for office or what?!!?... 8-)
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Paul LePage got more national press last week than Gary Johnson. Johnson traveled the country and presented a clear alternative to the two horrible candidates we're stuck with, and all LePage did was drunk dial. But that wasn't a part of a grand MSM conspiracy, it was just the market for news at work.

There is no MSM Hawk. There's a bunch of corporately owned outlets who use clicks to determine what the news is. If Kapernick beat a woman half to death he'd get less coverage than he gets now. I'd take his non-football behavior over my qb's.

I don't see Weiner's problems as an issue. Sell me on Trump as a better option without bashing Hillary, I'm completely aware of her baggage. Can you sell Trump without any reference to her?
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Paul LePage got more national press last week than Gary Johnson. Johnson traveled the country and presented a clear alternative to the two horrible candidates we're stuck with, and all LePage did was drunk dial. But that wasn't a part of a grand MSM conspiracy, it was just the market for news at work.

There is no MSM Hawk. There's a bunch of corporately owned outlets who use clicks to determine what the news is. If Kapernick beat a woman half to death he'd get less coverage than he gets now. I'd take his non-football behavior over my qb's.

I don't see Weiner's problems as an issue. Sell me on Trump as a better option without bashing Hillary, I'm completely aware of her baggage. Can you sell Trump without any reference to her?

Wanted to address the media vs NFL & the decals from your 1st post....come on, you totally know that if the Democrat Super-Pac would have been good with it, the NFL wojld have rolled with the decals...point is there NO separation between the NFL & the media....

Re:selling Trump....I was totally joking about Sext Boy being a comment on her fitness for office. As for Trump...ya know? I'm going to give it a try, treat it like a HS debate assignment where I'm assigned the opposing view. Assignment: sell Trump without bashing Herself...

I'll get back to you...seriously..I'm going to make a sincere effort of it....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:33 pm

If you think that guys like Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, Dan Rooney, and Roger Goodell care about anything beyond profits then I'd encourage you to read this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 03165.html
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:21 pm

What does the yahoo article have to do with profits? All that article illustrates is that the NFL offices are just as much an Orwellian hodgepodge of idiocy as each and every other bureaucracy known to man....it needs to decree dumba** stuff like that in order to justify it's own existence...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:26 am

hawksfan wrote:What does the yahoo article have to do with profits? All that article illustrates is that the NFL offices are just as much an Orwellian hodgepodge of idiocy as each and every other bureaucracy known to man....it needs to decree dumba** stuff like that in order to justify it's own existence...

The NFL won't allow any non-sanctioned decorations on uniforms or players because they own that real estate. Thus even messages supporting the police, or cancer awareness are banned. It has nothing to do with political correctness.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:What does the yahoo article have to do with profits? All that article illustrates is that the NFL offices are just as much an Orwellian hodgepodge of idiocy as each and every other bureaucracy known to man....it needs to decree dumba** stuff like that in order to justify it's own existence...

The NFL won't allow any non-sanctioned decorations on uniforms or players because they own that real estate. Thus even messages supporting the police, or cancer awareness are banned. It has nothing to do with political correctness.

Mike...I'm sorry, but you're just wrong on this one. #1...in general, absolutely everything in our culture is dominated by PC. The fear of the online mob is palpable in every single one of our "public institutions", of which the NFL most certainly is...billions exchange hands based on the product's perceived compliance with the PC conventional wisdom of tbe day....example...#2...you say 'even cancer awareness'....why then is the entire league bathed in pink for the entire month of October? Conventional wisdom, PC is that of all the cancers out there, ONLY breast cancer is deserving of such a massive effort by the NFL. Also, being that the NFL is populated 100% by men...doesn't make moee sense to embark on such an annual concerted effort by "fighting" cancers that affect primarily men...prostate, testicular, lung & pancreatic? Finally...#3...you say 'the NFL OWNS that real estate"...right, exactly...therefore the NFL could easily have seen that the decal effort of an iconic American professional sports franchise (AMERICA's Team!) was a worthy & appropriate response to an outright atrocity that occurred in that city and signed off on it. Yet they passed because they fear the online mob, there just isn't any other coherent explanation. PC...to be adept with it requires a mastery of spin because 90+% of it defies common sense...
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:08 pm

Also...young Mr Kapearnick needs a hair cut...just sayin'....the 70's have departed. Bake McBride has already done authentically what you're trying to do artificially in order appear to be "edgy"... :roll:
hawksfan

Next

Return to Politics