Susan Collins of Maine Says She Will Not Vote for Donald Tru

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Susan Collins of Maine Says She Will Not Vote for Donald Tru

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:30 am

Susan Collins of Maine Says She Will Not Vote for Donald Trump

... While Ms. Collins described Mr. Trump as a person who would menace the country’s security, she hit him hardest for playing on the country’s racial and cultural divisions in the course of the presidential campaign.

Faulting Mr. Trump for a “constant stream of cruel comments and his inability to admit error or apologize,” Ms. Collins specifically mentioned his attacks on Gonzalo P. Curiel, a federal judge born in Indiana whom Mr. Trump derided for his “Mexican heritage”; Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of a slain soldier; and a New York Times reporter whom Mr. Trump seemed to mock for a physical disability.

“My conclusion about Mr. Trump’s unsuitability for office is based on his disregard for the precept of treating others with respect, an idea that should transcend politics,” Ms. Collins wrote. “Instead, he opts to mock the vulnerable and inflame prejudices by attacking ethnic and religious minorities,” she continued.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/po ... .html?_r=0
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Susan Collins of Maine Says She Will Not Vote for Donald

Postby geezil » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:59 am

..........It isn't the 2nd amendment that I worry about (that will be gone for sure)--It is the 1st amendment (Freedom of speech and religion) that Hill will start to work on. As for Collins, I was always of the opinion that she, of the few, knew what the hell was really going on (met her a couple of times)--I am convinced that once living inside the beltway that all the senses deteriorate in a person (A Trump no is a Hill yes).

..........Some where I read that it would appear that what Trump says is worse than what Hill does.
geezil

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:45 am

geezil wrote:.....

..........Some where I read that it would appear that what Trump says is worse than what Hill does.

Is it? Trump outsources jobs to other countries, he manipulates the bankruptcy system for his own profit at the expense of small business owners and investors, he cheats on his taxes (let him prove me wrong on that), he dodged the draft, he did business with the American and Russian mafias, he gave money to liberal Democrats, he created and ran a fake university, and he sports the worst comb-over in the history of male pattern balding.

What he says doesn't mean much because it is so rarely true. For example he said that Hillary would be a great President.
Mike Tomlin

Postby geezil » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:18 pm

...........Better stop having bad thoughts

http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelal ... e-n2203000
geezil

Postby driveandive » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Don't forget Collins promised to only run for office once. I kept my end of the deal by only voting for her once.
driveandive

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:58 pm

geezil wrote:...........Better stop having bad thoughts

I'm not voting for her, but I hope to hell she beats Trump. She'll continue a slow ride to the abyss that I pray we can reverse. Trump will hit the gas and send dumb tweets while he ruins the country before we can fix it.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:

I'm not voting for her, but I hope to hell she beats Trump. She'll continue a slow ride to the abyss that I pray we can reverse. Trump will hit the gas and send dumb tweets while he ruins the country before we can fix it.

I don't understand Mike. You say you "hope to hell she beats Trump"...well then why not help her along toward that goal with your vote...?

Nixon was rightfully driven from office for his crimes in 1974....42 years later we are preparing to ELECT someone who is known to be guilty of crimes far, far more egregious.

I have only one question....Whiskey. Tango.Foxtrot...?
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:46 pm

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:

I don't understand Mike. You say you "hope to hell she beats Trump"...well then why not help her along toward that goal with your vote...?

Nixon was rightfully driven from office for his crimes in 1974....42 years later we are preparing to ELECT someone who is known to be guilty of crimes far, far more egregious.

I have only one question....Whiskey. Tango.Foxtrot...?

Because the alternative is Trump. This country has withstood corrupt Presidents. We can handle that. I view Trump as a much greater threat than her.
Mike Tomlin

Postby CFJunior » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 pm

I will be voting for Johnson/Weld who continue to climb in the polls. And if Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot by just opening his mouth then even more moderate Republicans and Independents will be looking for a better choice then Clinton or Trump.
CFJunior

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Trump's latest gaffe is telling. He said that the "Second Amendment folks" might do something to stop Hillary. Maybe it was a threat, maybe he was talking about the political clout of the NRA. He straddled that fence in his typical way.

But what he didn't say was maybe "we" could do something to stop her. He didn't refer to himself as a Second Amendment supporter.
Mike Tomlin

Next

Return to Politics