Anti-Trump forces in Maine try to suppress attendance at ral

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Anti-Trump forces in Maine try to suppress attendance at

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 am

geezil wrote:...........Think!!!--Hill wins--O Supreme Court--Islam wins--Christ loses--Everybody loses.

...........I might be gone before all of the above happens (depends on how really a nasty sonovabitch I am)--Most of you won't be gone.

You're saying that Jesus Christ needs a Trump victory, okay...
Mike Tomlin

Postby geezil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:48 am

.........Prophecy evolving--Trump is only a pawn for whatever comes. Not politically correct to discuss such issues--but then I am not PC. Have you not noticed how our government elite favors (and disfavors) certain religions? Probably will be banned for prosetylism--What the hell!
geezil

Postby geezil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:51 am

..........Sorry to bother any snowflakes.
geezil

Postby hawksfan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:This has been going on for more than 200 years Hawk: http://mentalfloss.com/article/12487/ad ... aigning-us

Understood Mike....good stuff.
Cool site, hadn't heard of it before...
The only point I was trying to make....& I guess I was doing that poorly...was that I'm sick & tired of all this disrupting, shouting down etc where the only intent of the "protest" is to PREVENT a speaker from being heard....look whats been happening on college campuses all across the country...

While the primary targets of these assaults against order are from the conservative side of things, I would be equally dismayed if the targets were the leftys...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Here's another good one: http://www.crmvet.org/info/lithome.htm

As a white middle-aged guy I feel like I have to accept that I'm on the receiving end of stuff that my ancestors participated in and took for granted for centuries. The pendulum swung in my favor for a long time. Maybe it's swinging too far in the other direction now.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Here's another good one: http://www.crmvet.org/info/lithome.htm

As a white middle-aged guy I feel like I have to accept that I'm on the receiving end of stuff that my ancestors participated in and took for granted for centuries. The pendulum swung in my favor for a long time. Maybe it's swinging too far in the other direction now.

I looked over that link Mike...horrifying.
I wonder how many 12th graders, regardless of race, could answer tbose questions today?
I wonder how many Americans would believe that the authors of those tests & enforcers of those draconian voting laws were DEMOCRATS.
I also wonder, as those tests are half a century in the past, why the pathetically simple task of obtaining a drivers license OR obtaining a state issued ID card could possibly be viewed as an attempt to "disenfranchise" black voters on the same level as what they were afflicted with so, so long ago...

There absolutely is truth to the charge of the "soft racism of low expectations" of, once again, DEMOCRATS...
hawksfan

Previous

Return to Politics