And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby geezil » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 am

..........Back to the thread--Anybody out there that don't support your local police?
geezil
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Joppa

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:14 pm

geezil wrote:..........Back to the thread--Anybody out there that don't support your local police?


My father-in-law spent his career in law enforcement, and he's politically to the right of Ted Cruz. He's been telling me for years that many police have become too quick to use violence in situations where he would have talked. He doesn't trust the cops anymore.

I think that the BLM movement ignores the fact that the police have become more militarized in recent years, and that impacts people of all races.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby geezil » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:25 pm

...........And I don't trust the elite politicians. Diogenes would have one helluva time inside the beltway.
geezil
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Joppa

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Another dead cop...Kansas City this time.

But sure, lets focus on a junior speech writer for the candidate's WIFE lifting an inspirational, (but also utterly inane & irrelevent), passage or two from the current First Lady. Good grief... the #1 problem in America, the one that MUST be solved before any of the myraid of others can even be addressed, is how profoundly unserious the Democrat Socialist Party & their super-pac the MSM is...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:54 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
geezil wrote:..........Back to the thread--Anybody out there that don't support your local police?


My father-in-law spent his career in law enforcement, and he's politically to the right of Ted Cruz. He's been telling me for years that many police have become too quick to use violence in situations where he would have talked. He doesn't trust the cops anymore.

I think that the BLM movement ignores the fact that the police have become more militarized in recent years, and that impacts people of all races.


I read a recent report about a study by a Harvard professor that showed the #'s of white people shot by police absolutely dwarfs the #'s of black people shot by police. BUT...the study also shows a reversal of those #'s for "physical" encounters white vs black, being pushed against a wall, against the hood of the car, much quicker to frisk & so on. The guy concluded its that feeling of harassment that leads to defcon 1 rage when one of these indefensible shootings occurs...as the one involving Alton Sterling clearly was...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby Archer Bunker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:59 pm

geezil wrote:...........Have you met my second wife?


Yes she very nice.

AB
Archer Bunker
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Augusta Area

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:53 am

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:
geezil wrote:..........Back to the thread--Anybody out there that don't support your local police?


My father-in-law spent his career in law enforcement, and he's politically to the right of Ted Cruz. He's been telling me for years that many police have become too quick to use violence in situations where he would have talked. He doesn't trust the cops anymore.

I think that the BLM movement ignores the fact that the police have become more militarized in recent years, and that impacts people of all races.


I read a recent report about a study by a Harvard professor that showed the #'s of white people shot by police absolutely dwarfs the #'s of black people shot by police. BUT...the study also shows a reversal of those #'s for "physical" encounters white vs black, being pushed against a wall, against the hood of the car, much quicker to frisk & so on. The guy concluded its that feeling of harassment that leads to defcon 1 rage when one of these indefensible shootings occurs...as the one involving Alton Sterling clearly was...


Yes it was. And then Philando Castile was shot by a cop a few days later after informing him that he was legally carrying a firearm. That should have created the kind of anger in the pro-2nd Amendment community that it created in the black community. But for some reason it didn't.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:56 am

hawksfan wrote:Another dead cop...Kansas City this time.

But sure, lets focus on a junior speech writer for the candidate's WIFE lifting an inspirational, (but also utterly inane & irrelevent), passage or two from the current First Lady. Good grief... the #1 problem in America, the one that MUST be solved before any of the myraid of others can even be addressed, is how profoundly unserious the Democrat Socialist Party & their super-pac the MSM is...


I think the real story with her speech was how poorly the Trump campaign prepared her for what was essentially her introduction to the American public. It was either laziness or a deliberate attempt to sabotage her. Either way I believe that it's a reflection of his ability to lead.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby spudneck111 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:03 pm

Too bad we couldn't all have the family values of the Clintons. And Monica. And Paula. And Juanita. And Kathleen. And Gennifer. and many more.
User avatar
spudneck111
 
Posts: 8022
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: Houlton, Me.

Re: And all of this started with the Cambridge Cop

Postby spudneck111 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:Another dead cop...Kansas City this time.

But sure, lets focus on a junior speech writer for the candidate's WIFE lifting an inspirational, (but also utterly inane & irrelevent), passage or two from the current First Lady. Good grief... the #1 problem in America, the one that MUST be solved before any of the myraid of others can even be addressed, is how profoundly unserious the Democrat Socialist Party & their super-pac the MSM is...


I think the real story with her speech was how poorly the Trump campaign prepared her for what was essentially her introduction to the American public. It was either laziness or a deliberate attempt to sabotage her. Either way I believe that it's a reflection of his ability to lead.

And our other choice (realistically) has more far reaching questions about her leadership abilities than a speech that her spouse has given. Benghazi, e-mails, donations to the Clinton Foundation....
User avatar
spudneck111
 
Posts: 8022
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: Houlton, Me.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mainejeff and 16 guests