Fear Mongering

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Fear Mongering

Postby CFJunior » Sat May 17, 2008 9:06 am

Gmmesftbl, Do you really think Iran let our hostages go because Reagan was elected? There is evidence that the Reagan campaign met with Iranian officials to make a deal for their release. It's believed that the deal that was struck was that the US hostages would be released after Reagan won the election. :oops: A release of the hostages before then would have been a political victory for Carter and Reagan likely wouldn't have won the election in 1980.

Al-Qaida, Hesbollah, Hammas or Iran do not fear GW Bush. He is a crippled President and a lame duck. The American people are tired of the Bush Presidency and they want it over. In my opinion his eight years have been the worst eight years this country has ever had. Did Mr. Bush have some good moments? YES. Our overwhelming reponse directed at Al-Qaida after 9/11 was a good decision. The invasion of Afghanistan and over throw of the Taliban was also a success. However, any gains we made their have been overshadowed by our many failings in Iraq. The Iraq war has had some good moments but many more bad foreign policy moments. The Bush White House under estimated the enemy in Iraq and they over stated how successful we would be after our invasion. We were not greeted as liberators but invaders and occupiers. As long as we are viewed as Imperialistic we will never be successful in that part of the world. Anyone who understands the history of the Middle East knows we can not be viewed as Imperialists or we are doomed for failure and continued attacks against our forces in the region. Those are the facts and I know they are painful facts for my Neo-Conservative friends.
CFJunior

Postby mainejeff » Sat May 17, 2008 11:47 am

gmmesftbl wrote:LTG1 and mejeff; I don't think I'm out of touch when I say they fear Bush .Iran let the 52 American hostages go as soon as Reagen was in office because they new he would have a very different approach .LTG1 , you ever own a Volkswagon bus with flower stickers all over it ?

Reagan isn't Bush.
mainejeff

Postby gmmesftbl » Sat May 17, 2008 2:01 pm

As usual mejeff you choose to believe only what reinforces your way of thinking and believe what you choose to believe .Many good things have happened under the Bush presidency , record low unemployment ,high rate of wealth creation ,record home ownership ,and generally low inflation over the course of eight years .High oil prices are not a result of current energy policy ,just market conditions .Look at the economic situation during the Carter years ,that was dismal .I really don't know what your living situation is but to read your posts it must be pretty bad .Sorry you don't seem to be able to take advantage of the economic opportunity's this country so generously offers .I have a fair amount of friends ,liberal and conservative ,and the one thing we generally agree on is we all have been able to pay our bills and generally lead a pretty good life .I don't know why all the prosperity seems to elude you , maybe you should stop spending so much time on MBR message boards and go out and find your American dream . It's out there . ;)
gmmesftbl

Postby gmmesftbl » Sat May 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Sorry mejeff , thought that was you responding to my post but it was cfjunior. I redirect my post to you both . CF , do you really believe first that Iran made this deal to get Carter out of office and help a "war monger" like Reagen in ? Really doesn't make sense to me .Second , Carter never stood a chance against Reagen even if he had won the release of those hostages .Reagen had 489 electoral votes compared to Carter's 49.The economy was the big issue in that election .
gmmesftbl

Postby mainejeff » Sun May 18, 2008 12:58 am

gmmesftbl wrote:Many good things have happened under the Bush presidency , record low unemployment ,high rate of wealth creation, record home ownership,and generally low inflation over the course of eight years .High oil prices are not a result of current energy policy ,just market conditions .

Keep drinking that kool-aid! ;)
mainejeff

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Sun May 18, 2008 5:32 am

gmmesftbl wrote:LTG1 and mejeff; I don't think I'm out of touch when I say they fear Bush .Iran let the 52 American hostages go as soon as Reagen was in office because they new he would have a very different approach .LTG1 , you ever own a Volkswagon bus with flower stickers all over it ?

No. I like the luxury models.
LoveTheGame1

Postby spudneck111 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:00 am

LoveTheGame1 wrote:Spud, you know exactly what I mean when I referenced Rice, Chaney, Rumsfeld. No shoot our intelligence comes from a variety of sources and people-DUH.

Maybe if I say it with like this you will understand:

The idiots who sat in the office with Bush. The ones that took all of the “intelligence” and sat down and read it for themselves. They are part of our intelligence community. Do you get it now? I doubt it. Every other poster has debated on this topic. You're stuck on stupid. When Bush calls a meeting after receiving information from a sector of our intelligence community, who do you think is the next level of our intelligence community?

Shifts gears. (In case you don't understand that sentence. It's a reference to the "stuck on stupid", which is part of an above sentence.)

p.s. I used the word idiots because that seems to be the dialogue of preference for Spud.

I'm glad that you think we all have the same mind reading capabilities as you, in a post that was about "our ""handpicked"" intellegence community" you mention those three. Why don't you just state what you mean instead of waiting untill someone points out how wrong it is and then acting like "oh, I knew that".
You don't seem to understand that the senate intellegence committee was privy to that same information and came to the same conclusions.

As far as your stupid and ******* remarks go, I just consider the source and consider myself lucky that you put together a cognitive thought.
spudneck111

Postby spudneck111 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 am

CFJunior wrote: There is evidence that the Reagan campaign met with Iranian officials to make a deal for their release. It's believed that the deal that was struck was that the US hostages would be released after Reagan won the election. :oops: A release of the hostages before then would have been a political victory for Carter and Reagan likely wouldn't have won the election in 1980.

CF never heard a conspiracy theory that he didn't like, especially if it defames a conservative. CF, maybe you could point us to some of that evidence, and tell us who (besides you) believed a deal was struck. I won't hold my breath though.
The American people are tired of the Bush Presidency and they want it over.
You speaking for the American people now? You may want to change that to "the many liberals are tired........."
However, any gains we made their have been overshadowed by our many failings in Iraq.
And lets not forget to never, never mention the many many successes we have had in Iraq.
spudneck111

Postby spudneck111 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:23 am

gmmesftbl wrote:Reagen had 489 electoral votes compared to Carter's 49.The economy was the big issue in that election .
That is a good point, that election was about far more than the Iran hostage situation. Carter was inept overall.
spudneck111

Postby CFJunior » Sun May 18, 2008 7:33 am

Spud, I'm not speaking for the American people but polls show a majority of Americans are tired of the Bush years. That could change between now and November, but it's not likely. Bush fatigue is very high and a vote for McCain would be voting for a third Bush term. Not likely going to happen as of right now.

As for the Carter vs. Reagan race in 1980 the polls showed a very close race between the two until their final debate just two weeks prior to the election. Voters became more comfortable with the thought of Reagan as their President. The economy then certainly didn't help Carter's cause just like today for McCain. I think the poor economic news we are seeing is not likely to change much between now and the election so it looks like that issue will be the top prioity for voters and who they will pick in November. Advantage Barrack Obama... 8-)
CFJunior

PreviousNext

Return to Politics