Fear Mongering

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Fear Mongering

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 15, 2008 11:57 am

I'm not getting any functions to work other than posting.

I also wonder if Tom & Co. can re-arrange the message board list so that it is easier to follow. I liked the old arrangement......it was much more readable and you could see if there were new posts or not.
mainejeff

Postby spudneck111 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 pm

"He might not have been in attendance to show he was against the war. He might not have been there to vote no but I believe everyone knows he publicly objected to going to war."

No wonder he is the favorite candidate of terrorists all over the world.

"Like I said, Obama is the only candidate who had the intelligence and foresight to vote, excuse me, say NO."

Like you said or like you should have said? Glad you looked it up after your error was pointed out. See, even you can learn.
spudneck111

Postby spudneck111 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:36 pm

"They gave Bush the authority to go to war. It was then up to Bush and Bush alone to engage in war."

Not only did they give him ayuthority, some of them, like Clinton and Kerry gave very pointed speeches on why we should take immediate action. So no matter how much you hate Bush, he had plenty of help in initieting the war against Iraq. Everyone with a brain knew it was the right thing to do. Of course that would leave out people like Obama and the space man that was running for the Democratic nomination. Only in America would politicians turn this effort into a political game instead of playing to win. His stance on the war is the only reason that I would vote for McCain.

"There were other options Bush could have taken."

Yeah, like seek a UN resolution? How many would that make? LOL ...... Or maybe you think we should have negotiated with Saddam. Maybe we could have gotten in on that food for oil deal, worked for France and Russia. Of course while they were a disgrace, you liberals respected the fact that they did not want to go to war (read that "did not want to bite the hand that was feeding them")
spudneck111

Postby X31 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:58 am

mainejeff wrote:I'm not getting any functions to work other than posting.

test - ok that looks better.
X31

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:52 am

spudneck111 wrote:"So, Bush's advisors weren't the ones advising Bush? Maybe it was Bill or Kerry who Bush sought guidance and analysis of the intelligence information. EVERY President cleans house a little and appoints their "own"--Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell.

Like I said, our "intelligence community" was hand picked by Bush."

Like I said, a falsehood and a lie. His advisors? Tell me, tell everyone, which of Bush's "advisors" make up our "intelligence community"? Not one of those people you listed would be considered part of our "intelligence community" Even Condi Rice back when she was National Security Advisor would not be considered part of "our intelligence community". Now, the President does appoint the heads of at least one intelligence agency, with the advise and consent of the Senate, but that would hardly be considered handpicking "our intelligence community".

Spud, you know exactly what I mean when I referenced Rice, Chaney, Rumsfeld. No shoot our intelligence comes from a variety of sources and people-DUH.

Maybe if I say it with like this you will understand:

The idiots who sat in the office with Bush. The ones that took all of the “intelligence” and sat down and read it for themselves. They are part of our intelligence community. Do you get it now? I doubt it. Every other poster has debated on this topic. You're stuck on stupid. When Bush calls a meeting after receiving information from a sector of our intelligence community, who do you think is the next level of our intelligence community?

Shifts gears. (In case you don't understand that sentence. It's a reference to the "stuck on stupid", which is part of an above sentence.)

p.s. I used the word idiots because that seems to be the dialogue of preference for Spud.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:07 am

How many airplane (or cruise liner) hijackings, embassy bombings, disco bombings or other attacks (outside of Iraq/Afghanistan) have taken place against us since we started our policy of preemption and serious retaliation????

John, therein lies the rub. Who is to say if we took a fraction of monies spent on this war and reinforced our infrastructure that the same could be said? We still have people crossing our borders!!!!!

Jobs created manufacturing items needed for security. Jobs for new and increased security positions. State of the art protection systems, weapons, surveillance, and detection. Saudi Arab and China not owning a piece of us.

Point is John, we will never know. Just like Bush will never know if a Democrat is voted president it will lead to another attack.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:24 am

X31 wrote:
mainejeff wrote: Who's "we"?

By "we" I guess I mean you, me, the people (voters) of this country. I think LTG is using fear mongering to scare us into voting for Obama so we won't have another 4 years of not knowing whether there are other ways to not have terrorist attacks happen.

X, no fear mongering here. I'm just pointing out a statement made by our current president.

This war is the biggest issue we currently face. All other issues are effected by and can be addressed but we must end this war to begin. The leaders of the Middle East must first be united in order to go forward. The people will follow.

Which, leads to thinking about the many pros and cons of our current presidential candidates. I think McCain will be least effective in this area because he can not forgive the war enemies of his past while he will asks others to do so.
I will never forgive the gooks as long as I live.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:27 am

Is this not what Obama does every time he says we can't afford four more years of Bush policies, implying that's what we'll be getting if we vote Republican (McCain)? Is that not fear mongering as well, or is that somehow different?

Isn't that what every candidate does? Try to sell the point that things will be "worse off" with the other guy (or woman or sweetie)? Whether it's regarding the war in Iraq, or anything else for that matter.

Candidates making those statements are one thing. The president making those statements are another.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:04 am

Everyone with a brain knew it was the right thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq

In a January 2003 CBS poll, 64% of Americans approved of military action against Iraq. 63% wanted President Bush to find a diplomatic solution rather than going to war with Iraq, and 62% believed the threat of terror would increase if war was waged with Iraq.[10]

Or maybe you think we should have negotiated with Saddam.

No, I don’t think we should have negotiated with Saddam. I think that after we captured him, we should have brought our soldiers home and had a huge home coming parade. Then we should have concentrated on securing our homeland.

We met the objectives:
1. There were no weapons found of ANY significance.
2. We had captured Saddam.
3. We liberality the Iraqi people.
LoveTheGame1

Postby gmmesftbl » Sat May 17, 2008 7:16 am

LTG1 and mejeff; I don't think I'm out of touch when I say they fear Bush .Iran let the 52 American hostages go as soon as Reagen was in office because they new he would have a very different approach .LTG1 , you ever own a Volkswagon bus with flower stickers all over it ?
gmmesftbl

PreviousNext

Return to Politics