Fear Mongering

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Fear Mongering

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 am

[quote="spudneck111"]"First off, our "intelligence community" was hand picked by Bush."

First off, this is totally false and an out right lie. Anyone stupid enough to believe this should be banned from ever posting again![/quote]

So, Bush's advisors weren't the ones advising Bush? Maybe it was Bill or Kerry who Bush sought guidance and analysis of the intelligence information. EVERY President cleans house a little and appoints their "own"--Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell.

After the votes were cast, who do you think Bush asked to step into his "office" to discuss options and his "course of action"? (I think God was even asked.)

With today's announcements, Mr. Bush has surpassed the number of Cabinet position changes made by recent two-term presidents during their transitions.

Like I said, our "intelligence community" was hand picked by Bush.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:38 am

[quote="spudneck111"]"Obama was the only one with the foresight and the intelligence to vote NO."

Hate to break this bad news to ya, Obama had NO vote, because he wasn't even in the senate at the time.

Smart![/quote]

I made a different judgment. I thought our priority had to be finishing the fight in Afghanistan. I spoke out against what I called 'a rash war' in Iraq. I worried about, ‘an occupation of undetermined length, with undetermined costs, and undetermined consequences.’ The full accounting of those costs and consequences will only be known to history. But the picture is beginning to come into focus.”

http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartaz ... video/2534

He might not have been in attendance to show he was against the war. He might not have been there to vote no but I believe everyone knows he publicly objected to going to war.

Like I said, Obama is the only candidate who had the intelligence and foresight to vote, excuse me, say NO.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:47 am

[quote="spudneck111"]The DECISION to go to war lies squarely on Bush’s shoulders.

So the 77 Senators and 296 Represenatives that voted for the war get a free ride from you? How about Saddam Hussein? How about his "hand picked" intellegence community? LOL

Can anyone spell "Hate Bush"? What a pant load!!!!!! LOL[/quote]

They gave Bush the authority to go to war. It was then up to Bush and Bush alone to engage in war. There were other options Bush could have taken. Authority, engage, options.......

Like a good captin, you go down with your ship and take full responsibility. It's your decisions and authority that dictate. It's a poor captin who tries to blame his crew.
LoveTheGame1

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:51 am

[quote="X31"]So now we are not only blaming Bush for bad things that happen, but also for bad things that didn't happen because we don't know if there may have been other ways to have them not happen?

Is the title of this thread to reflect the fact that we need to fear all things Bush and republican?[/quote]

Isn't that what Bush just did with his statement? Trying to strike fear in to "voters". If you vote Democrat.........

That's what this thread is about.
LoveTheGame1

Postby spudneck111 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:18 am

"So, Bush's advisors weren't the ones advising Bush? Maybe it was Bill or Kerry who Bush sought guidance and analysis of the intelligence information. EVERY President cleans house a little and appoints their "own"--Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell.

Like I said, our "intelligence community" was hand picked by Bush."

Like I said, a falsehood and a lie. His advisors? Tell me, tell everyone, which of Bush's "advisors" make up our "intellegence community"? Not one of those people you listed would be considered part of our "intelligence community" Even Condi Rice back when she was National Security Advisor would not be considered part of "our intellegence community". Now, the President does appoint the heads of at least one intellegence agency, with the advise and consent of the Senate, but that would hardly be considered handpicking "our intellegence community".
spudneck111

Postby whoisjohngalt45 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 am

[quote="LoveTheGame1"]
Like I said, we will never know if taking a different course of action would have resulted in no attacks and if we would have been better off.[/quote]

LTG,

Since none of us are omniscient--Of course we will never "know" about all the potential consequences that could (or would) have occurred had we not taken out the Taliban and then rid the world of Saddam and his murderous regime....... but what do you think would have been the response of the radical Islamists had we shown more weakness or continued lack of resolve after the 9-11attacks.... (as we did after the other unprovoked attacks against US citizens and military personnel----- in April 1983, October 1983, April 1985, June 1985, August 1985, October 1985, November 1985, December 1985, April 1986, April 1986(again), December 1988, February 1993, November 1995, June 1998 and August 2000).

1983-2001 ---- no preemption and little or no effective retaliation from the US = 20 unprovoked attacks.

How many airplane (or cruise liner) hijackings, embassy bombings, disco bombings or other attacks (outside of Iraq/Afghanistan) have taken place against us since we started our policy of preemption and serious retaliation????

Do you start to see a pattern here LTG???
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

~ Ayn Rand
whoisjohngalt45

Postby X31 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 am

[quote="mainejeff"] Who's "we"? [/quote]

By "we" I guess I mean you, me, the people (voters) of this country. I think LTG is using fear mongering to scare us into voting for Obama so we won't have another 4 years of not knowing whether there are other ways to not have terrorist attacks happen.
X31

Postby X31 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:22 am

[quote="LoveTheGame1"] Isn't that what Bush just did with his statement? Trying to strike fear in to "voters". If you vote Democrat.........[/quote]

I did not see the actual statement, only what you provided from the article which was "He acknowledged concerns about leaving the unfinished Iraq war to a Democratic successor."

Is this not what Obama does every time he says we can't afford four more years of Bush policies, implying that's what we'll be getting if we vote Republican (McCain)? Is that not fear mongering as well, or is that somehow different?

Isn't that what every candidate does? Try to sell the point that things will be "worse off" with the other guy (or woman or sweetie)? Whether it's regarding the war in Iraq, or anything else for that matter.
Last edited by X31 on Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
X31

Postby X31 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 am

On a side note, is the quote function we are all using not working right or are we all doing something wrong. I can't imagine that what I'm seeing is the intended result of using this function, because it's pretty useless and difficult/distracting to try to read through.
X31

Postby X31 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 am

[quote="spudneck111"] So the 77 Senators and 296 Represenatives that voted for the war get a free ride from you? How about Saddam Hussein? How about his "hand picked" intellegence community? LOL[/quote]

77 senators and 296 representatives, is that including our 58th and 59th states Alaska and Hawaii?
X31

PreviousNext

Return to Politics