Fear Mongering

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Fear Mongering

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:04 am

A question submitted from the online audience asked Bush whether he felt he had been misled about Iraq as he made the decision to go to war.

"`Misled' is a strong word," he said. "Not only our intelligence community, but intelligence communities all across the world shared the same assessment. And so I was disappointed to see how flawed our intelligence was."

"Do I think somebody lied to me? No, I don't. I think it was just, you know, they analyzed the situation and came up with the wrong conclusion," he added.

He acknowledged concerns about leaving the unfinished Iraq war to a Democratic successor.

First off, our "intelligence community" was hand picked by Bush. That one sentence says it all.
Secondly, out of the 3 candidates, Obama was the only one with the foresight and the intelligence to vote NO.
We will never know if taking other measures to secure our homeland without going to war would have given us 5 years without a terrorist attack.
Other measures we have been unable or unsuccessful in doing:
1. Secure the borders. (6 years after 9/11 and that still hasn't been achieved.)
2. Strengthen our troops. (Spending a fraction of what we have on this war to recruit and protect State side.)
3. Homeland Security. (Spend a fraction of what we have on this war to make sure EVERY airport has the latest security equipment and double the manpower.)

The DECISION to go to war lies squarely on Bush’s shoulders. Our other elected officials voted to AUTHORIZE the use of necessary force. Say what you want, the President is the only one who can authorize our troops to engage in war. If you don’t believe that, ask yourself this, “If our lawmakers voted yes and our President said no, who’s authority would win?”

Now Bush wants to make statements like the above? Please. It seems our Republican President and his Republican lead lawmakers, at the time of the vote to authorize, are the ones to worry about when it comes to making any decisions in regards to this war.

I truly believe that Obama would make an excellent spokesperson, in trying to end this war politically. Because politically, this is where the battle has to be fought and won in order to bring our troops home.
LoveTheGame1

Re: Fear Mongering

Postby gmmesftbl » Wed May 14, 2008 12:12 pm

It always amazes me that people with similar mind-sets as yours LTG1 ,always over simplify the mid-east situation to the point where you feel more qualified than the president of the United States to make decisions like going to war with another country . You have absolutely no knowledge of the situation yet you say his decision was wrong and a mistake ? There's no doubt radical Islam hates the west and Bush , but there is also no doubt that they fear him .They will not fear Obama ,actually Hezbolla endorsed him ,and I think they cant wait till he's in power because he is perceived as a spineless wimp .Anyway I think you'll probably get your wish. I only hope you can live with it .
gmmesftbl

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 14, 2008 1:40 pm

"There's no doubt that they fear him"????......LOL.

Those guys don't fear anything. And if they do......it certainly isn't George W. Bush.
mainejeff

Postby spudneck111 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:55 pm

"First off, our "intelligence community" was hand picked by Bush."

First off, this is totally false and an out right lie. Anyone stupid enough to believe this should be banned from ever posting again!
spudneck111

Postby spudneck111 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:01 pm

"Obama was the only one with the foresight and the intelligence to vote NO."

Hate to break this bad news to ya, Obama had NO vote, because he wasn't even in the senate at the time.

Smart!
spudneck111

Postby spudneck111 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:13 pm

The DECISION to go to war lies squarely on Bush’s shoulders.

So the 77 Senators and 296 Represenatives that voted for the war get a free ride from you? How about Saddam Hussein? How about his "hand picked" intellegence community? LOL

Can anyone spell "Hate Bush"? What a pant load!!!!!! LOL
spudneck111

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 14, 2008 5:25 pm

I don't believe that Bush is intelligent (or informed) enough to make a decision of this magnitude alone. He had the support of a majority of Congress including Hillary and McCain. Hillary has seen the err of her ways, but knows that you can't just leave Iraq willy nilly. McCain is a warhawk plain and simple. Obama was MIA (maybe attending church that day?)
mainejeff

Postby LoveTheGame1 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:27 pm

[quote="gmmesftbl"]It always amazes me that people with similar mind-sets as yours LTG1 ,always over simplify the mid-east situation to the point where you feel more qualified than the president of the United States to make decisions like going to war with another country . You have absolutely no knowledge of the situation yet you say his decision was wrong and a mistake ? There's no doubt radical Islam hates the west and Bush , but there is also no doubt that they fear him .They will not fear Obama ,actually Hezbolla endorsed him ,and I think they cant wait till he's in power because he is perceived as a spineless wimp .Anyway I think you'll probably get your wish. I only hope you can live with it .[/quote]

It is not only me that considers our presence in the Midle East wrong and a mistake. High ranking military personnel, soliders and citizens feel that way.
Radical Islam hating us is nothing new and to say they fear Bush is simple amazingly out of touch. Trying to strike fear in the hearts of Radical Islam followers is not how we win this war. We don't have the manpower or the money to fund better resources. (Who is funding this war for us? Who holds the loans to this country?)
Like I said, we will never know if taking a different course of action would have resulted in no attacks and if we would have been better off.

So, for Bush to make that statement is not because he is better informed, it's purely for McCain's benefit and for the Republican party. It's not out of concern for the citizens.
LoveTheGame1

Postby X31 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:10 pm

So now we are not only blaming Bush for bad things that happen, but also for bad things that didn't happen because we don't know if there may have been other ways to have them not happen?

Is the title of this thread to reflect the fact that we need to fear all things Bush and republican?
X31

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 14, 2008 10:04 pm

[quote="X31"]So now we are not only blaming Bush for bad things that happen, but also for bad things that didn't happen because we don't know if there may have been other ways to have them not happen?

Is the title of this thread to reflect the fact that we need to fear all things Bush and republican?[/quote]

Who's "we"?

You have to admit that Republicans have seen better days. Even if you take Bush/Cheney/Iraq out of the mix......the absolute pork barrel that the Republican Congress have doled out and the homosexual and whore scandals that the Republicans faced over the past few years haven't exactly endeared them to their base of fiscal and social conservatives.
mainejeff

Next

Return to Politics