Climate Denial Finally Pays Off

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:03 am

A series of Journal editorial page-bashing ads shows the climate cause in mid-crackup.

By HOLMAN W. JENKINS, JR.

No contributor has written more frequently on the subject of climate change on these pages—45 times over the past 20 years according to the “study” behind a recent series of ads (at $27,309 a pop) assailing the Journal’s editorial page for its climate coverage.

Yet how ploddingly conventional my views have been: I’ve written that evidence of climate change is not evidence of what causes climate change. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change agrees, in its latest report estimating with less than 100% confidence that a human role accounts for half the warming between 1951 and 2010.

I’ve written that it would be astonishing if human activity had no impact, but the important questions are how and how much. The IPCC agrees, estimating that a doubling of atmospheric CO2 from pre-industrial times would hike temperatures between 1.5 degrees and 4.5 degrees (Celsius), notably an increase in the range of uncertainty since its last report.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/climate-den ... 1467151625
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Politics