McDonald's to become Unionized...?~

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: McDonald's to become Unionized...?~

Postby coachhawk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:32 am

Speed wrote:Everyone should get at least $15 an hour... Everyone in USA...enough to live a decent life and provide food and shelter for their families....especially now when corporate profits are at record highs...when hedge funders wallow in billions and Kim Kardashian and her whorish clan stock the land...when CEOs and stockbrokers and bankers who sit on their asses all day walk away with obscene slices of the pie...surely this is not too much to provide workers...McDonald's is good for it...there will be a class revolution in this county...just a question of when, not if...I hope I live to see it....

Wealth inequity tilting toward Cuba in 1956...remember Che...

Let the market take care of itself and the government should get the hell out of manipulating the market. Let the market determine winners and losers and not the government.

Wealth inequity??? Do you realize the ones causing the greatest inequity between rich and poor are the same politicians that attempt to pass legislation, change the rules, make new policy to correct this so called societal outrage. The more they manipulate, the greater the divide.
coachhawk

Postby Patsfan07 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:00 am

coachhawk wrote:Wealth inequity??? Do you realize the ones causing the greatest inequity between rich and poor are the same politicians that attempt to pass legislation, change the rules, make new policy to correct this so called societal outrage. The more they manipulate, the greater the divide.

True....and in the meantime special interest groups are filling the pockets of the politicians (and we're not talking $15 an hour ! ;) ) Another reason for less government.
Patsfan07

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:18 am

Speed wrote:economics be damned ... I would rip the wealth out of every single hedge fund SOB, banker, CEO, movie star, TV celebrity and spoiled professional athlete and give it all to the poor hard working bastards that can't support their families...

What you see as just, I see as injustice...

Yeah, that totally works.

Sincerely,

Russia
Mike Tomlin

Postby Speed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:35 pm

"There is enough in this world to fill everyone's need, but not everyone's greed." Gandhi
Speed

Postby Speed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 pm

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until they wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. I believe that banks are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people..." Thomas Jefferson
Speed

Postby spudneck111 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Speed wrote:"There is enough in this world to fill everyone's need, but not everyone's greed." Gandhi
"Redistribution of wealth is not the answer... try working to fill your needs." --Me--
spudneck111

Postby spudneck111 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Speed wrote:If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until they wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. I believe that banks are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people..." Thomas Jefferson
Not really a direct quote, but even if it was, what is your point?
spudneck111

Postby hawksfan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Ok Speed....I'll see your Thomas Jefferson quote and raise you three...

"If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy..." Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty..." Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government..." Thomas Jefferson

Your turn...maybe some Che, Ho or Lenin quotes?
hawksfan

Postby Speed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Spud, the old hard ass, is under the self delusion that everyone gets what they deserve in life and that if you only work hard all will be well...everyone without a job is a lazy bum...sucking off the government teat...the poor and homeless and hungry and unemployed and under employed deserve all they get, right , spud?...that wasn't true in the 30s (Great Depression) and it is not true now...I've looked into the eyes of many a man down on his luck...broken...hopeless...family ripped asunder...I am no better than them and I live the Life of Riley...travel, go to Europe for couple of weeks a year,
dine out, buy art, spend couple of months in Florida every year, live vicariously through sports and message boards......

The only thing that saved your Bitch Goddess Capitalism, spud, was a liberal Democrat---FDR...monied interests, investors, and banks did their damnedest to do it again in 2008...
Speed

Postby Speed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:33 pm

To pay those poor McDonald's serfs $10 an hour instead of $7.50...would add 5 cents to the cost on a BIG MAC...give me an effing break....most economists are in favor of it...but I know you'll go drag up some Chamber flunky/stooge to refute that...or some right wing ideology blog...
Speed

PreviousNext

Return to Politics