I saw this headline and laughed my ass off.

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

I saw this headline and laughed my ass off.

Postby SeaDogsFan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:07 pm

Clinton looks for victory in Puerto Rico (AP)

...What? lol. We actually allow people outside of our 50 states to vote in these?

Jesus... We have a bigger American presence in Afghanistan & Iraq than we do in Puerto Rico. Put the collective members of the Taliban on the ballot and let the Afghanistan citizens vote it almost seems fair at this point.

Hell, Canada is right next to us. I know they're French and all but we have to respect their national belief that war is for big boys with big toys and get their input as well.

Puerto Rico... LOL. I honestly only ask because the answer will probably make me laugh. Please, someone explain why PR has a vote.
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Re: I saw this headline and laughed my ass off.

Postby CFJunior » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Puerto Rico is a US territory. They can vote in US primary elections and other US terroritories have elected officials who actually vote in the US Congress. None of these US terroritories can vote in the US Presidential elections. Only the 50 US states can do that.

A few years ago Puerto Rico's citizens voted for US Statehood and that vote failed. There are some who believe that the next time Puerto Rico votes for US Statehood that it might pass making Puerto Rico the 51st US State. Guam and the US Virgin Islands have never voted for statehood that I'm aware of.
CFJunior

Re: I saw this headline and laughed my ass off.

Postby SeaDogsFan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:34 pm

=\

heh, the thought of adding 1 more star to a flag with a pattern that already looks good is kinda funny. GOGO PUERTO RICO!

PS: Finally, Hilary has a chance somewhere =))
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Return to Politics