DNC Vote

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: DNC Vote

Postby spudneck111 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:18 pm

X31 wrote: "Voter intent" is everything you know, even more important than the actual vote on the ballot.
That's right..... I forgot about how good liberals are at mind reading. Never mind that they voted for Bush or Buchanan, we know what their intent was.
spudneck111

Postby gmmesftbl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:20 pm

CFJunior wrote:
gmmesftbl wrote:If I remember right Al Gore tried to change the election rules mid-stream and it didn't work for him either , when will they learn ?

Actually you are incorrect. Al Gore challenged the results from Florida in 2000 which is something he should have done. Remember all the major networks called the 2000 Florida election for Al Gore based on exit polls. That was the only time since the media starting using exit polls to call political races that exit polls failed. So forgive Al Gore for if he didn't trust GW Bush, and the Republican Secretary of State for Florida in 2000, Katherine Harris.

Since 2000 exit polls used by ALL of the media outlets have been correct when calling a political race. Florida in 2000 has been the only example of where an exit poll was wrong. So why was it wrong? :? Maybe more Florida voters actually supported Al Gore then GW Bush? We certainly have paid the price for that election ever since.

Actually ,Al Gore tried to manipulate the vote count by cherry-picking the counties in dispute to bring the vote count to his advantage .Kathern Harris did a stand up job of making sure every letter of the law was followed .As far as paying the price for that election ,I firmly believe the price for an Al Gore presidency would have been much higher .
gmmesftbl

Postby bainsey » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:57 pm

I think the saddest thing about 2000 election is that we haven't made any progress in making vote-counting more reliable. We rely on computer networks to manage our money, our information, and our sensitive records. There's no reason we can't do the same with elections. The results should come from the votes, not exit polls.

Sure, you'd have to put in a bunch of checks and balances, to ensure system and managerial integrity, but it would prevent such messes of 2000 from ever happening again. We have the technology. It's a damn shame there's not enough trust and foresight to use it.
bainsey

Previous

Return to Politics