IS IT OVER FOR HILLARY, NOW?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

IS IT OVER FOR HILLARY, NOW?

Postby CFJunior » Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 am

I think yesterday might have been the straw that breaks the camels back. It's never a good thing to mention the reason your are staying in the race is because something might happen between now and the end of June. And when you mention that something might be assasination of your Democratic rival then your campaign might be finally over.

Actually Hillary didn't say Barack Obama might be assasinated but she did mention RFK and his assasination and how he was killed in June of 1968 and that changed everything in the Democratic party. For the record the Secret Service was called in to protect Obama long before he was the front runner because of death threats to the Senator and highly explosive racial remarks. My big question is, if the Secret Service and FBI had viable threats against Senator Obama why haven't they found those who made the threats and arrested them? It certainly is scary that these people are still out there. Clinton's mentioning of assasination was poor judgement at best considering she knew of threats against Obama.

So will the Super Delegates leave her after this weekend? Many in the Democratic establishment are angy as h-e-l-l right now about her comments. Just go to huffingtonpost.com and you'll see what I mean. I really want Spud's opinion on this issue and I hope you can hold you noise long enough to vist that web-site and check out Keith Olberman's special comments from last nights Countdown show. I think he hit a home run with his comments.
CFJunior

Re: IS IT OVER FOR HILLARY, NOW?

Postby stonemitt » Sat May 24, 2008 11:44 am

No offense intended charlie but if you listen to KO or AH no wonder your so far out there with your political leanings. The only reason HC is still running is to hopefully garner enough donations to pay herself back the 11 million she had to borrow. It's been over for a month atleast, she just hasn't accepted it
stonemitt

Postby billzfan34 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:53 pm

She also knows that Obama will pay off her campaign debt in the end,allowing her a free run till the finish. Smart on her part,not so much on his.
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Postby mainejeff » Sat May 24, 2008 1:05 pm

You are REALLY reaching Charlie. Has Obama talked to his pastor lately?
mainejeff

Postby spudneck111 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:54 am

CF, I hope you don't make any decisions based on what KO or the Huffington Post says. You like to talk about the far right, those two entities typlify the far left. It should be enough to make stonemitt rethink voting for Obama.

You, like KO, like to insinuate that Hillary made some sort of connection between RFK's assasination and Obama. She did not! She mearly stated a fact that reflected her idea that sometimes things happen during the nomination process that can change things as late as June. The fact that the faaaaaaar left loves Obama ought to tell you something. KO hit a home run??? I think it was more like a foul ball...

As far as the back of the camel goes, I think that has been broken for a while. I almost want to see Obama win, just so I can say "I told you so". Although with all the checks and balances in our systenm, the President really isn't responsible for much. But it will be fun to have another liberal to blame.

The media has far more power in America than most presidents. Think about it, some people are crazy enough to think that Kieth Olbermann is a reliable source of information, when in reality most of what he says is just a faaaaaar left spin. Very little basis in fact, that Video on the Huffingtonpost is a great example. He is an expert at puting words into peoples mouth and saying what far lefties want to hear.

As to your "big question"..... It's simple, if there was a real threat, someone probably would have been found. It was probably a manufactured threat to get the votes of someone who falls for it. The scarey fact is that every candidate faces threats, most just don't make a big deal of them.
An example:Evansville Police tell 14 News that they are investigating a terrorist threat against Hillary Clinton possibly made by a local man. http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TAPQGDGSGTBFI7KT0

Another fact is, if Obama had not emerged as the Democratic frontrunner, I would be willing to bet that you would be on the Hillary band wagon...

Shoot, you wanted us to believe that you would have voted for McCain over Gore......
spudneck111

Postby stonemitt » Sun May 25, 2008 10:51 am

I wouldn't vote Obama if I had an alternative nor will I vote for him if McCain choose Huck or Romney=THIS IS OLD NEWS-loL
stonemitt

Return to Politics