Looking for opinions, did I come to the right place?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Looking for opinions, did I come to the right place?

Postby bballnut » Thu May 22, 2008 4:00 pm

I have visited a few other Maine Political sites recently.

In your opinion, how does this one compare?

What would you like to see on this site to improve it?

Be aware that MBR is evolving and will do all it can but it will take time.

OK, let's hear it.
bballnut

Re: Looking for opinions, did I come to the right place?

Postby spudneck111 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Ban all liberals!!! Just kidding.

I used to read and post on "As Maine Goes" quite a bit. AMG is admittedly a conservative site, but they have some very smart liberals that post there also and they are not stymied like a conservative would be on a liberal site. Check out the "Democratic Underground" sometime. Or better yet, register and post something negative about a liberal or a liberal ideal... You will be banned. I like this one because most people don't take everything to heart. AMG can get quite intense. Good people on both sites.

This site really does not compare as we have sports fans straying into the political arena. AMG is a political site with politicians, political junkies and the ocasional amateur like me. Politics is what they do.
spudneck111

Postby gmmesftbl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:51 am

spudneck111 wrote:Ban all liberals!!! Just kidding.

I used to read and post on "As Maine Goes" quite a bit. AMG is admittedly a conservative site, but they have some very smart liberals that post there also and they are not stymied like a conservative would be on a liberal site. Check out the "Democratic Underground" sometime. Or better yet, register and post something negative about a liberal or a liberal ideal... You will be banned. I like this one because most people don't take everything to heart. AMG can get quite intense. Good people on both sites.

This site really does not compare as we have sports fans straying into the political arena. AMG is a political site with politicians, political junkies and the ocasional amateur like me. Politics is what they do.

How come you say "used to"? Is the site still active ? What happened ? Just curious , I've never been on it .
gmmesftbl

Postby SeaDogsFan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am

I post here. This is definitely the place to be.

It's a scientific fact that people who agree with me live 5-10 years longer than the average human.
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Postby spudneck111 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:10 pm

They are still active. I still read it regularily, and post ocassionally. The main reason I cut down on my activity on the site was I spent to much time debating with people that are a lot smarter than I am. I definetly learn a lot more there than I contribute.
spudneck111

Postby gmmesftbl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Guess I'll wait a few years before I venture on to that one .I'll try to sharpen up my debating skills on cfjunior for a while first. :D
gmmesftbl

Return to Politics