Maine Mens Basketball Teams Final Team Stats

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Maine Mens Basketball Teams Final Team Stats

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Maine Mens Basketball teams Final Team Stats:

Maine Men ended up shooting 67% from the foul line, 42% from the, floor 33% from three point line and 33% of their offense was 3 point attempts 20 out of 58 attempts

Socoby led the team in scoring at 12.4 and McLemore ended up at 12.0 ave Pts.per game
McNally led in rebounding with 7.4 per game
Socoby led the team in turnovers at 2.4 and Bernal had 2.2 Maine as a team ave. 15.1
Bernal led team in assists 3.2 and Socoby had 2.6 per game
Scoboy led team in steals with 1.6 and McLemore 1.3 ave. per game

These stats were based on 29 games.

Please keep this on the thread as it is much easier to get to and find then on the Maine College Section. Thank you.
bcbc55

Re: Maine Mens Basketball Teams Final Team Stats

Postby allsportsfan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:38 pm

America East Conference Stats

Scoring - tied for #18 Socoby and McLemore

Rebounding - #6 McNally
Offensive Rebounding - #1 McNally
Defensive Rebounding - #8 McNally

Field Goal Pct - #4 Barnies

Assists/Turnover Ration - #4 Bernal

Assists - #8 Bernal

Free Throw Percentage - #6 McNally

3 pt Field Goals Made - #4 McLemore

Blocks - #2 McNally
allsportsfan

Postby mainejeff » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:21 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Maine Mens Basketball teams Final Team Stats:

Maine Men ended up shooting 67% from the foul line, 42% from the, floor 33% from three point line and 33% of their offense was 3 point attempts 20 out of 58 attempts

Socoby led the team in scoring at 12.4 and McLemore ended up at 12.0 ave Pts.per game
McNally led in rebounding with 7.4 per game
Socoby led the team in turnovers at 2.4 and Bernal had 2.2 Maine as a team ave. 15.1
Bernal led team in assists 3.2 and Socoby had 2.6 per game
Scoboy led team in steals with 1.6 and McLemore 1.3 ave. per game

These stats were based on 29 games.

Please keep this on the thread as it is much easier to get to and find then on the Maine College Section. Thank you.

I find it interesting that Socoby and Bernal lead Maine in most statistical categories.......yet Maine lost most games. Woodward better be formulating a new line-up and game plan........isn't just about everyone back next season (again)???
mainejeff

Postby kgbasics » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Another interesting stat can be found in UMaine basketball program. Take a look at the team assist leaders over the years. It takes a HUGE dip in recent years under Ted. When your leaders in assists is less than 4 per game for several years running, it demonstrates the ball is not moving effectively for scoring opportunities. Too much one on one.
kgbasics

Postby Patsfan07 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:53 pm

The worse stat of all is 70% of the shots Socoby took were 3 pointers....a total waste of his talents.
Patsfan07

Postby BALLFAN2009 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:38 am

While some of the blame should go to the coaches for Socoby shooting 70% of his shots from 3, basketball IQ must tell Socoby who must know that he is shooting more 3's than 2's and not making most of them that he should maybe drive more. Maybe the reason he is not is becuase he is not affective putting the ball on the ground and can not blow by anybdy. Anybody can chuck it up alot and just on opportunity alone one is bound to make some. He needs to work on his dribbling ability and have the confidence to blow by people. I dont he can as the speed of some defenders seems to give him no options but to shoot. Can he play at the Div 1 level? Sure. As a starter? NO! He would make a good role guy coming off the bench. Again this falls to the failing attempts of the coaching staff who is not doing a good job recruiting!!!!!!!!!!! GET REAL DIV 1 RECRUITS!!!
BALLFAN2009

Postby bainsey » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:48 am

mainejeff wrote:Woodward better be formulating a new line-up and game plan........isn't just about everyone back next season (again)???

Yup. As regular players go, we only lose Owes to graduation.

I went to Albany for the tourney this past weekend, and I heard from more than one fan that Maine is just a few small items away from the top half of the conference. The general opinion is that if Maine could effectively get the ball inside more, watch out.

Here's a stat that intrigues me: While Maine went 4-12 in America East this year, the greatest margin of defeat in conference games was 12 points. Meanwhile, America East was ranked smack dab in the middle of Division I conferences -- 16th out of 31 -- up big time from last year's near-dormat ranking of 27th. In a nutshell, the conference greatly improved, and Maine improved and competed with the rest of the conference, but couldn't get over the hump.

Next year, Maine's only seniors will be Socoby and Bernal. Barnies, McNally, and Peay will be the juniors. I believe that leaves four sophomores and at least two redshirt freshmen. Hopefully, there's enough experience and ability to get "over the hump" in 2010.
bainsey

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:20 am

BALLFAN2009 wrote:Can he play at the Div 1 level? Sure. As a starter? NO! He would make a good role guy coming off the bench. Again this falls to the failing attempts of the coaching staff who is not doing a good job recruiting!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that!!!! Get starters out there that DESERVE to start and give Maine a better shot at competing and winning! Bring Socoby off the bench for his 3-point shooting.
mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am

bainsey wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Next year, Maine's only seniors will be Socoby and Bernal. Barnies, McNally, and Peay will be the juniors. I believe that leaves four sophomores and at least two redshirt freshmen. Hopefully, there's enough experience and ability to get "over the hump" in 2010.

And if they don't.......will Woodward use the "young" and "inexperienced" EXCUSE AGAIN??? :roll:

Wouldn't you agree bainsey that once a coach uses the "young" excuse for 4 years in a row........that it REALLY becomes an EXCUSE for other shortcomings???
mainejeff

Postby aechamps » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Bainsey, who are are the two redshirt freshman? Travon Wilcher will also be a soph next year. I also told everybody Ted would be back for a few more years.(via e-mail to Blake James discussion earlier last month that I had)We need to hire another assistant coach. Not another past player with no coaching experience. It's to bad Ted past on hring mbr2. I agree maine plays hard, but they need to play tuffer and smarter.
aechamps

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics