D1 PLayer on UMaine Men's Basketball team

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

D1 PLayer on UMaine Men's Basketball team

Postby Maine0315 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 am

Who are the D1 players on the UMaine M Basketball team?? There is alot of talk and speculation that they are alot of D2 AND D3 players on the team, name the players you feel that can play at the D1 level and who cant and shouldnt be.

I feel like McNally and Barnies have been playing very well this season and can definately play at the D1 level. I also feel McLemore, Bernal, and Socoby can too, but they just arent very consistent. Many of the other plays are questionable to play at that level

McAllian is a D3, D2 player at best
Martin is a D3, D2 player at best
Chetinov has the potential but has alot to work on
Mitchell has seen alot of time........is that for a reason????
Peay shows at times he can play at the level but then sometimes shows he cant
Rogers seems to be very mature and has the possibility to be a great point guard, can def play D1
Owes has shown he can play and has done an okay job, an average D1 player
Maine0315

Re: D1 PLayer on UMaine Men's Basketball team

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am

peay is d1 caliber. he and mcnally are our best defenders, and peay is the defensive spark we need. if peay was able to play his natural position, the three, you'd see that he is very capable of playing back to the basket and is a good penetrator and rebounder.
over under on justin edwards dunks this year: 1.5 per game
UMaineSuperfan

Postby idroptreys23 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't really know if you can call out McCallian yet, as he redshirted and didn't play a minute this season. I have my own doubts about Martin and his stature and athleticism at this level, but he still has three years to put something solid together.

I am not sure what the deal with Mitchell is, and hopefully Chetinov can shed just a few pounds and improve his foot speed and defensive awareness. I think everyone on the team can play in this conference.
idroptreys23

Postby tubasket » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Its more of a question of who is actually on scholarship. Socoby, Peay, McNally and McLemore are D1 players. Bernal and Barnies would be a lot better if they had other players around them. I don't think the rest are consistent enough to be considered D1 players. Chetinov needs to get better, but is only a freshmen. Mitchell I think it is too early to tell with him. Rogers seem solid, but as a point guard needs players around him as well. Martin and McAllian as walk-ons are fine.
tubasket

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics