Morgan State @ James Madison
Elon @ Richmond
Colgate @ William & Mary
Wagner @ Stony Brook
Towson @ Maine
Villanova @ Bucknell
New Hampshire @ Florida International

Idle: Rhode Island

If Deleware can get ND St to come to them, why not Maine? What a great non conference game that would be. That is the level Maine should be at.
Looks like some winnable non con games on this list for the league beyond that one though.

NDSU approached Maine for a home and home back in 2014. Creech didn't want to buy out the contract with Norfolk State. The amount he did to butcher the Maine Football schedule in his four years is astounding.

Creech had his good....and bad moves. The football schedule during his tenure was definitely not a highlight.
mainejeff

Re: WEEK 3: Towson at Maine

Postby BrowardHandicapper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 am

Spread opens with Maine -4 1/2 and Total of 61 1/2
BrowardHandicapper

Postby fafan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:05 am

Article in the PPH about the game.
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/10/ ... st-towson/

It will be hard to top last years game at Towson where Sheffield made a tackle at the 2yd line to preserve the W.
Would expect both teams to put some points on the board and could be a shootout ;)
fafan

Postby dunbar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:57 am

Ticket pre-sale looks horrendous.

Why doesn't this state understand that this is the first top ten game ever to be played in Orono?
dunbar

Postby thebam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 am

dunbar wrote:Ticket pre-sale looks horrendous.

Why doesn't this state understand that this is the first top ten game ever to be played in Orono?

This is beyond disappointing. Should be one of the largest crowds , maybe ever, for this game. Unbelievable.
thebam

Postby hoopsisme » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am

This isn't Ohio State vs Michigan. This is a step below that. Maine does well in the level they play at. There is a nice core of fans, just not 8000 plus. Maine isn't a big football state.
hoopsisme

Postby dunbar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 am

hoopsisme wrote:This isn't Ohio State vs Michigan. This is a step below that. Maine does well in the level they play at. There is a nice core of fans, just not 8000 plus. Maine isn't a big football state.

Nice defeatist attitude. The core of fans isn't at the level that Maine is playing at currently. Build the brand, don't settle.
dunbar

Postby fafan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:36 am

I saw presale and agree not good. Reasons or excuses-

1)Weather-60% chance of a shower betweeen 4:00-10:00pm, although only .1" so certainly not a drencher.
2)Early season top 10 battle is not what an end of the season top 10 battle would mean although the casual fan would probably not even know the difference.
3)Martin Short and Steve Martin at the Cross Center

Ok these are all lame excuses except for the weather and even that should not be a deterrent. And we can't use Bam's favorite excuse TV coverage is there is none only paid streaming so I give up. Let's hope for a huge walkup crowd as maybe fans are waiting on the weather??????

I don't think Towson travels well at all so don't expect much a visitors crowd either.
fafan

Postby dunbar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:58 am

fafan wrote:3)Martin Short and Steve Martin at the Cross Center

Two of my all-time favorite comedians (I was brought up to appreciate the classics, kinda...), but I'm not sure Maine Football really wants to target the demographic attending Short & Martin.

I'd go, but I'd probably be the youngest person there by 20 years. Maybe they should do a doubleheader with WBB... ;)
dunbar

Postby mainejeff » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:58 am

Are you guys serious? I see quite a few tickets sold compared to past seasons. I'm actually surprised that so many tickets have been sold. $20 for a hard cold metal bench with no back......$35 for a chair back......I think that sales have gone quite well. This is FCS football in Orono, Maine......there will be 7-8K in the stands in a stadium that seats not much more than that.
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics