Page 1 of 3

ANSWER:Which AE women's player best on block post up skills?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:21 pm
by bcbc55
Which America East women's player has the best on the block post up skills?

UMaine's Tanesha Sutton at 5'10" and has the best power game on the block. Jumps off both feet for the power to get the old fashion 3 point play. Uses ball or head fakes or combo's off to get defenders to leave their feet who are guarding her, before she leaves her feet.

Usually gets ball on the block by an offensive rebound or on dribble penetration to the block and ocassionally when she cuts off a screen.

Too bad she isn't 6'0". However, still in my opinion has the best post up skills in the AE Conference.

Too me Maine does not post her up on the block in their half-court offense enough.

Re: Which AE women's player has best on block post up skills

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:29 pm
by UMaineSuperfan
Heather Forrest from Albany, and it's not particularly close.
Hannah Crymble from UVM a close second
Tanesha third

Re: Which AE women's player has best on block post up skills

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:21 pm
by bcbc55
UMaineSuperfan wrote:Heather Forrest from Albany, and it's not particularly close.
Hannah Crymble from UVM a close second
Tanesha third


UMSF: Thanks for taking the time and effort to post. Will go until Friday and then give my answer.

Re: Which AE women's player has best on block post up skills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 pm
by bcbc55
Evidently 68 viewers don't have an opinion on this topic or just didn't want to go out on a limb with an answer.

Re: Which AE women's player has best on block post up skills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 pm
by billzfan34
Will go until Friday and then give my answer.


And that's likely why. You won't give your opinion,you will give your answer. Like you are correct and everyone else is wrong. I admittedly have watched next to nothing of other AE teams unless when playing Maine. So that makes for a small sample size. I am confident enough to say,in my opinion,that no one from Maine cracks the top 5. Wadling/Sutton neither one impress me in that aspect of their game. Neither locates the basket effectively and both sort of toss the ball at the hoop from true post up moves,leading to too many "easy" misses for my liking.

Re: Which AE women's player has best on block post up skills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 pm
by bcbc55
billzfan34 wrote:
Will go until Friday and then give my answer.


And that's likely why. You won't give your opinion,you will give your answer. Like you are correct and everyone else is wrong. I admittedly have watched next to nothing of other AE teams unless when playing Maine. So that makes for a small sample size. I am confident enough to say,in my opinion,that no one from Maine cracks the top 5. Wadling/Sutton neither one impress me in that aspect of their game. Neither locates the basket effectively and both sort of toss the ball at the hoop from true post up moves,leading to too many "easy" misses for my liking.


"bf34: My answer is my opinion and you are right there are very few, if any that locate the basket effectively, both sort of toss the ball at the hoop from true post up moves, leading to many "easy" for my liking.

None that I watched and I watched all of Maine's AE games many, if not all do not know how to 1. seal their defender when being played one on one on the block, 2. show where they want the ball, 3. when they want the ball and 4. what to do with it once they get it.

However, the one that I believe has the best on the block post up skills (not having any of the 4 above) like 1. Knowing how to power layup of both feet at the same time, 2. how to draw contact 3. how to finish after or during contact for the old fashion 3 point play 4. how to use a ball or a head fake or a combination of to get her defender in the air before she leaves the floor for her shot 5. is not rushed to get her shot off.

Yet, she is hardly ever posted up on the block directly to start her teams half-court offense.

Re: ANSWER:Which AE women's player best on block post up ski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:50 pm
by bcbc55
ANSWER: 5'10" UMaine's Tanesha Sutton.

And Sutton is not a post player she still has the best power layup post up skills. Does not post up very much on the block at all. Gets to the block by offensive rebounding, dribble penetration or some of cuts off screen.

She leaves her feet off both feet to power layup. Uses ball or head fake or combo of both and gets player guarding her to leave their feet before she leaves her feet to draw fouls and get the old fashion 3 point play.

She plays bigger than her 5'10" height and it is too bad that Maine doesn't post her up on the block originally as much as they should in the half-court instead of her having to get to the block by herself going to the offensive boards or dribble penetration to the block or a moving cut off a screen. LIKE TO SEE HER START THERE ON THE BLOCK MORE.

AE Scoring
Rank ave ppg..............ppg.....FSMade
5....Sutton, Maine........14.6.....98 forward
6....Crymble, Albany.....14.3....105 center
18...Forester, Hartford....9.9.....39 center

Just my opinion and answer.

Re: ANSWER:Which AE women's player best on block post up ski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 pm
by bcbc55
bcbc55 wrote:Which America East women's player has the best on the block post up skills?

UMaine's Tanesha Sutton at 5'10" and has the best power layup game on the block. Jumps off both feet for the power to get the old fashion 3 point play. Uses ball or head fakes or combo's off to get defenders to leave their feet who are guarding her, before she leaves her feet.

Usually gets ball on the block by an offensive rebound or on dribble penetration to the block by herself.

Too bad she isn't 6'0". However, still in my opinion has the best post up skills in the AE Conference.

Too me Maine does not post her up on the block anywhere near enough as it seems not by design in if she happens to get the ball from a teammate in their half-court offense enough.

Re: ANSWER:Which AE women's player best on block post up ski

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:19 am
by UMaineSuperfan
*whispers* it's probably because she is.

I love Sutton. Love. BUT, she's undersized, and really only has one move, the step through the lane. Forrest is bigger and has a full arsenal of moves. She's dynamic and an absolute load on the block.

Re: ANSWER:Which AE women's player best on block post up ski

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:39 pm
by bcbc55
UMaineSuperfan wrote:*whispers* it's probably because she is.

I love Sutton. Love. BUT, she's undersized, and really only has one move, the step through the lane. Forrest is bigger and has a full arsenal of moves. She's dynamic and an absolute load on the block.


"UMSF": I understand she is undersized but to me she still has the best power layup skills in the league despit6e her lack of size.

"Just different basketball strokes for different basketball folks".

However, look at the Stats. Sutton 14.3ppg Forester 9.9pp.... foul line 98 made for Sutton just 39 for Forester, doesn't look like her team used her as much as they should have on the block and the same could be said about Sutton.

Thanks for responding.