AE WBB FINAL MAINE(1) VS HARTFORD(2)

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

AE WBB FINAL MAINE(1) VS HARTFORD(2)

Postby fafan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:10 pm

For the second year in a row Maine will host Hartford for the AE Championship. Last year's game was the most electric crowd I have witnessed for a Maine game and expect the later time will increase last year's attendance of 3,330.
Maine lost it's only league game at their place 49-46 but followed it up with a 78-58 win at home. Couldn't find an overview of the upcoming game but thought people might get a kick out of the overview of Hartford's win over Stony Brook.
https://www.hartfordhawks.com/news/2019 ... ath=wbball

Not sure how TW ended up at Hartford but sure it will be mixed emotions coming back to UMaine ;)
fafan

Re: AE WBB FINAL MAINE(1) VS HARTFORD(2)

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:29 pm

fafan wrote:For the second year in a row Maine will host Hartford for the AE Championship. Last year's game was the most electric crowd I have witnessed for a Maine game and expect the later time will increase last year's attendance of 3,330.
Maine lost it's only league game at their place 49-46 but followed it up with a 78-58 win at home. Couldn't find an overview of the upcoming game but thought people might get a kick out of the overview of Hartford's win over Stony Brook.

Not sure how TW ended up at Hartford but sure it will be mixed emotions coming back to UMaine ;)

I got my tix yesterday. Happy to see "only" a $5.50 fee for 2 tickets. I agree that the crowd should be bigger with the bump to 5:00pm (6:00pm would have been perfect IMO). Also I believe that there is more buzz for this team and the fan base has expanded with 2 straight seasons of success. :)
mainejeff

Postby fafan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:09 pm

mainejeff wrote:
fafan wrote:For the second year in a row Maine will host Hartford for the AE Championship. Last year's game was the most electric crowd I have witnessed for a Maine game and expect the later time will increase last year's attendance of 3,330.

I got my tix yesterday. Happy to see "only" a $5.50 fee for 2 tickets. I agree that the crowd should be bigger with the bump to 5:00pm (6:00pm would have been perfect IMO). Also I believe that there is more buzz for this team and the fan base has expanded with 2 straight seasons of success. :)

I got my tickets this morning and checked back this afternoon and couldn't believe that the two sections behind the benches were pretty much gone!!! Would love to see a student section but guess since they are on break so that will not be an option but us "oldies" can still make some noise :lol: :lol: :lol:
fafan

Postby driveandive » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Why did they change it to 5 pm? It makes it hard on all us in southern Maine to get there in time. 7PM was perfect. And what is with all the game changes in every sport recently. Then Maine website had the game at noon yesterday, but no game at noon, changed last minute? Then the Boston Bruins game at 6:30 didn't happen until much later and several other college and pro game times were changed. It was very frustrating on a day I had few obligations and plenty of time to watch sports.
driveandive

Postby thebam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:13 pm

driveandive wrote:Why did they change it to 5 pm? It makes it hard on all us in southern Maine to get there in time. 7PM was perfect. And what is with all the game changes in every sport recently. Then Maine website had the game at noon yesterday, but no game at noon, changed last minute? Then the Boston Bruins game at 6:30 didn't happen until much later and several other college and pro game times were changed. It was very frustrating on a day I had few obligations and plenty of time to watch sports.

Game time.. ESPN is driving this bus.
thebam

Postby pre3time » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Any score predictions for the trip to the dance?
pre3time

Postby MaineBBFan99 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 pm

driveandive wrote:Why did they change it to 5 pm? It makes it hard on all us in southern Maine to get there in time. 7PM was perfect. And what is with all the game changes in every sport recently. Then Maine website had the game at noon yesterday, but no game at noon, changed last minute? Then the Boston Bruins game at 6:30 didn't happen until much later and several other college and pro game times were changed. It was very frustrating on a day I had few obligations and plenty of time to watch sports.

The championship game hasn't been at 7 PM in a while - per ESPN U's schedule, it has been held on a Friday at around 4 ish in at least each of the past five years. Also, I very well could have missed it, but I don't recall seeing yesterday's game ever having been scheduled for noon - I know doors were scheduled to open for non-season ticket holders at noon, but the game was always schedule for 1 PM. The time slot of the championship game is not ideal, though it could be worse - the Horizon League title game between Wright St. and Green Bay is scheduled for noon tomorrow - talk about primetime!

pre3time wrote:Any score predictions for the trip to the dance?

Maine wins by the same score as last year's title game: 74-65.
MaineBBFan99

Postby BearDown » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:30 am

Go Maine! Go Maine! Go M. A. I. N. E. Hey!
BearDown

Postby mainejeff » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Looks like about 2K tickets have been sold so far! With temps near 50 on Friday.....I think that this will be as close to a "sellout" that we have ever seen at the CIC for UM hoops. :)
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm

mainejeff wrote:Looks like about 2K tickets have been sold so far! With temps near 50 on Friday.....I think that this will be as close to a "sellout" that we have ever seen at the CIC for UM hoops. :)

"mainejeff": Does that mean close to 5000 and will it be as nosiey as the "PIT" was Tuesday night?
bcbc55

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics