Baseball 2019

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Baseball 2019

Postby bcbc55 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:37 pm

dunbar wrote:Two and out.

"dunbar": Thanks for the report. Will try to stay on thread's topic.

Two and out, but after the horrendous start to the season it shoulfn't be that surprising. But, better than Maine men's basketball. BUT, THEY GOT TO PLAY TWO TOURNEY GAMES, NOT JUST ONE ON THE ROAD. Yeah, I know it's a double "E" tourney.

Hope they have good weather to get the tournament completed on time.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcbc55

Postby dunbar » Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 pm

The tournament is in Vestal.
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:40 pm

dunbar wrote:The tournament is in Vestal.

"dunbar": You are quick, I realized it and was getting to make the changes. If I had waited a minute I wouldn't have had to double check on it. Will make correction.

Again, thanks for helping me out it had only been a minute since I made the wrong site post and you corrected me before I could get back to it. Unbelievable on your part.Timing is everything, I guess.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 am

One off the worst seasons ever for UM baseball. Continuing to throw money at this program is a total waste of resources in this climate. And this spring has mirrored their season! :|
mainejeff

Postby MBRRadio » Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 am

Maine baseball's season ends in America East tournament: https://t.co/X6NmKbRN1s

Underwhelmed
Twitter.com/MBRRadio
MBRRadio

Postby Linguist » Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 am

What is the future for Maine Baseball?

This season was miserable. A lot of money is spent on travelling the team to Arizona, Texas, Florida, the Carolinas or where ever they go for the first two months of the season to play games.

Flights, buses, hotels, meals, etc, those bills all add up, and right now the team isn't winning.

Hopefully AD Ralph looks in to it and finds a solution.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 am

Like the State of Maine in general.....UM takes FOREVER to make a GD decision. :roll: :oops:

UNH and Vermont decided many years ago that it wasn't worth it. Duh! :oops:
mainejeff

Postby augie » Thu May 23, 2019 9:40 am

they need to rethink the scheduling for this team. put a tough team or two on the spring schedule but don't make a schedule where you get pounded early and often. we heard "stay patient during this teams early struggles, it will all come together at the end of the season/tourney time." two and BBQ puts the finishing nail in the coffin of this dreadful and disappointing season.
augie

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 23, 2019 12:38 pm

augie wrote:they need to rethink the scheduling for this team. put a tough team or two on the spring schedule but don't make a schedule where you get pounded early and often. we heard "stay patient during this teams early struggles, it will all come together at the end of the season/tourney time." two and BBQ puts the finishing nail in the coffin of this dreadful and disappointing season.

Does it really matter if they are losing to Miami and Florida State.....or St. Bonaventure and Wisconsin-Milwaukee? :roll: :oops:

This program will not doubt be around while Joe Ferris and a few others are still around. Maybe in another decade or so.....they can make a common sense decision instead of continuing on as a vanity program for a few donors. :oops: :oops: :oops:
mainejeff

Postby augie » Thu May 23, 2019 2:29 pm

mainejeff wrote:
augie wrote:they need to rethink the scheduling for this team. put a tough team or two on the spring schedule but don't make a schedule where you get pounded early and often. we heard "stay patient during this teams early struggles, it will all come together at the end of the season/tourney time." two and BBQ puts the finishing nail in the coffin of this dreadful and disappointing season.

Does it really matter if they are losing to Miami and Florida State.....or St. Bonaventure and Wisconsin-Milwaukee? :roll: :oops:
:

they would have a much better chance to win more games if they consistently played St. Bona and WM then the top 25 teams. winning breeds success and confidence. if they get momentum, win more games early, start feeling good about themselves then they may be more successful in the long run.
augie

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics