Fleming second-team All-Conference

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Fleming second-team All-Conference

Postby mainejeff » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:34 pm

The way that AE does this "fan favorite" thing is stupid. The league should have voting open for all players during the entire season and then choose the biggest vote getter from each program to have in the final voting. I'd choose White, El Darwich, Eze and Moss over Fleming as my "favorite"......but I wasn't even able to vote for them. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby parquetfloor » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:51 pm

bcbc55 wrote:"PF": Maybe they need to explain their "Fan Poll" better

What is there to explain? You select the guy you like the most. That's it. It doesn't matter where he falls within the league in regards to scoring, rebounding, steals, assists, FG %, mins played, how many dunks he had, how many times he dribbled, how high he can jump, how many times he took a charge, etc. Most fans will vote for the guy from their favorite team. Thus, Barron making a point to bring it up to Maine fans was so that Maine fans would vote for Fleming from Maine.

There really is nothing to explain.
parquetfloor

Postby MaineBBFan99 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Exactly. It's just a fun way to get fans engaged before the conference tournament - nothing more, nothing less.
MaineBBFan99

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:56 pm

parquetfloor wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:"PF": Maybe they need to explain their "Fan Poll" better

What is there to explain? You select the guy you like the most. That's it. It doesn't matter where he falls within the league in regards to scoring, rebounding, steals, assists, FG %, mins played, how many dunks he had, how many times he dribbled, how high he can jump, how many times he took a charge, etc. Most fans will vote for the guy from their favorite team. Thus, Barron making a point to bring it up to Maine fans was so that Maine fans would vote for Fleming from Maine.

There really is nothing to explain.

"PF": Maybe for my benefit because I didn't understand that it was "popular Fan vote poll"?????????????????????????????

I understand it now that it has been explained to me and it still wouldn't change my vote Lamb for the Conference and EL Darwich who I couldn't vote for for Maine.

Question: Who put Flemings name up for Maine?
bcbc55

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics