Fleming second-team All-Conference

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Fleming second-team All-Conference

Postby MattyB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:52 am

Andrew’s season was unceremoniously ended by a terrible flagrant foul and injury. He led our team in Scoring, Assists, Rebounds and FG% and 3FG%. Please show your support for Andrew and your pride @BlackBearNation ! Go vote! - Coach Barron

Vote @andrew_flemingj for #AEHoops Fans' Choice Player of the Year https://t.co/0nkx7xRTIs
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Re: Fleming second-team All-Conference

Postby MattyB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Andrew Fleming earns America East Second Team All-Conference Honors, Ilija Stojiljkovic lands on the All-Academic Team

Details: https://bit.ly/2EXDnrW
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:42 pm

MattyB wrote:
Andrew’s season was unceremoniously ended by a terrible flagrant foul and injury. He led our team in Scoring, Assists, Rebounds and FG% and 3FG%. Please show your support for Andrew and your pride @BlackBearNation ! Go vote! - Coach Barron

Vote @andrew_flemingj for #AEHoops Fans' Choice Player of the Year https://t.co/0nkx7xRTIs

========================================================================================================
MattyB:

Congratulations to Fleming for being named to the second AE Conference team and the Bears have been and are in tough shape without him.

The player of the year in the conference has to be Anthony Lamb from Vermont who Maine faces tomorrow night at Burlington at 7:00pm in the quarter-finals of the AE tourney.

Here are Lambs stats going into the game Saturday:
Category.......Stat..PLace in Conf.
PointsPG.......20.8..........1st
FG%..............51.5%........5th
3pt%.............35.4%........20th
FS%...............77.0.........7th
GP................28
Minutes Played 31.1 per game

Here are Flemings stats
PointsPG........13.8.........13th
FG%...............47.8.........9th
3pt%..............32.9%......26th
FS%...............56.1........19th
GP................28
Minutes played 36.5 per game

Vermont's overall Record with Lamb 23-6
Maine's overall record with Fleming 5-23

Vermont's conference record with Lamb 14-1 lst place finish
Maine's conference record with Fleming 3-10 8th place

Ironic that Maine should be playing Vermont Saturday.

The above stats show why Anthony Lamb is the AE Player of the year regardless of who Barron is encouraging you to vote for by the above post. By the way are coaches allowed to vote for their own players?

I appreciate and understand Barron's support and loyalty, but "Stats prove who should be POY in AEC"
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Barron is lobbying for the "Fan's Choice" Player of the Year. There is a nominee from each team for that. This isn't for the award that is voted on by the coaches. I think everyone understands and knows that Lamb is the player of the year in the conference.

Edit - If you actually click on the link in the first post, you will see it.
parquetfloor

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 pm

parquetfloor wrote:Barron is lobbying for the "Fan's Choice" Player of the Year. There is a nominee from each team for that. This isn't for the award that is voted on by the coaches. I think everyone understands and knows that Lamb is the player of the year in the conference.

Edit - If you actually click on the link in the first post, you will see it.

"PF" : Thanks. I had already clicked on the link before I posted above. I understand that the official player of the year is a vote by coaches and that is why I asked if coaches can or cannot vote for their own players. Just don't believe in lobbying for own players for any award especially if they are not the best choice for an award..

Sounds like politics. I would hope everyone including all the fans understands and knows that Lamb is the player of the year in any poll taken.

However, not so right now in this poll as lamb is 4th with 10'7% of the vote, Fleming is 3rd with 11% and Sessions is first with 27%. Currently not everyone or fans seems to understand and knows Lamb is the AE Conference player of they year.

Politics again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:57 am

A " fan favorite" poll has nothing to do with statistics.
Not understanding a subject again????????????????????????????????
thebam

Postby parquetfloor » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 am

Seriously.

Maybe we need "JustABasketballFan" back.
parquetfloor

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 pm

JABBF was/is, objectively, kind of a jerk, BUT more people on this board should be calling out other posters for terrible takes that are not based in an objective reality. I don't really understand what some posters mean when they say that calling out takes for being unsupported by evidence is name calling. If calling someone out for having an uninformed take, that is all that is. It's not implying anything else about their character other than that they are willing to hold uninformed opinions and then post them on the internet.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:18 pm

parquetfloor wrote:Seriously.

Maybe we need "JustABasketballFan" back.

"PF": Maybe they need to explain their "Fan Poll" better so an old senior basketball citizen could understand it's main objective.

I'm still confused. Are you referring to JABBF and me. Him to explain things better so I could understand it better.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:25 pm

thebam wrote:A " fan favorite" poll has nothing to do with statistics.
Not understanding a subject again????????????????????????????????

"thebam": Thanks for that. Remember being an old senior basketball citizen I admit I misinterrupted the polls meaning.

But "Figures don't lie" so I still am voting for Lamb as my "Fan Favorite" by his stats and his teams record..

"Fan Favorite Poll" sounds political to me and I am not a political animal of any type.

If I was going to vote for a UMaine Men's Basketball Fan Favorite it would be for Sergio El Darwich and he wasn't even on the ballot of 9 and there is not place to write in his name.
bcbc55

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics