NCAA Women's Bracketology

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: NCAA Women's Bracketology

Postby mainah57 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 pm

For once, I somewhat agree with BCBC. Yes, it is fun to speculate about potential seeding, etc. (and I enjoy taking part in these conversations as well). But, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... three BIG games lay ahead for Maine. Excited for tonight's game, let's go Maine!!!
mainah57

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:13 am

So...on this board, we speculate about recruiting, we speculate about how teams are going to perform, we speculate about damn near everything. If all anyone ever did was talk about stuff that only actually happened, wouldn't that be kind of boring?

Let's face it. The teams in this conference are not very good. Why not speculate about the future?
parquetfloor

Postby mainejeff » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Some updated bracket projections......

Creme still has Maine a #14 seed......now playing at #3 seed Syracuse.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... acketology

Realtimerpi.com has Maine a #13 seed......playing at #4 seed Gonzaga. I actually like that match-up.

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bra ... Women.html
mainejeff

Postby MaineBBFan99 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Interesting interview with Charlie Creme on Rich Kimball's show earlier this week: http://www.downtownwithrichkimball.com/2019/03/06/charlie-creme-3-6-19/

While he has them as a #14 seed, it sounds like he wouldn't be surprised if they jumped up to the #13 line (depends on what happens with other conference tournaments).
MaineBBFan99

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:00 pm

This thread could be a good motivation device for Albany seeing Maine has already won the tournament and is going to the BIG Dance by some here on MBR. I say play them one at a time and worry about their seeding and opponent if they win the AE Tournament, because if they don't win it..... it will be the NIT and what seed do they get there?
bcbc55

Postby MaineBBFan99 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm

1. I can almost guarantee that no one from Albany reads or even cares about the discussions here on MBR.

2. If you need additional motivation to get up for an America East semifinal, then your program is in trouble.

3. We all know that if Maine loses in the conference tournament, NCAA seeding becomes a moot point. Speculating about where Maine could go if it wins the America East tournament does not imply that Maine winning the tournament is a foregone conclusion.
MaineBBFan99

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:26 pm

MaineBBFan99 wrote:1. I can almost guarantee that no one from Albany reads or even cares about the discussions here on MBR.

2. If you need additional motivation to get up for an America East semifinal, then your program is in trouble.

3. We all know that if Maine loses in the conference tournament, NCAA seeding becomes a moot point. Speculating about where Maine could go if it wins the America East tournament does not imply that Maine winning the tournament is a foregone conclusion.

"MaineBBFan99": I agree, others have their opinions, you have yours and I have mine and opinions being like noses everyone has one and they don't have to agree, only agree to disagree respectfully to each others opinions.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Bob doesn’t like posts about subjects that he has little interest in or knowledge about. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:58 pm

mainejeff wrote:Bob doesn’t like posts about subjects that he has little interest in or knowledge about. :roll:

"MJ": You are right and the older I get the worse I get about little interest or knowledge about, usually little interest because if I have little interest how can I have any knowledge about it. Wait until you get into your 80's and time is running out then you will understand better.

But I usually like your posts and respsonse to posts MJ.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:15 pm

This one has #13 seed Maine playing at #4 seed Oregon State.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/03/10/wo ... -virginia/
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics