UMBC men make a comeback to edge UMaine men 67-66!!!!

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMBC men make a comeback to edge UMaine men 67-66!!!!

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm

this just goes to show what happens when you put 5 d1 athletes on the floor consistently, you may not be very good, but your floor is pretty high, at least in conference play.

look at who isn't playing that's healthy: Araujo, Illy

I respect the effort they've both put in, but we shouldn't be surprised that the team looks competent when they have competent athletes on the floor.

Next season Maine will have 6 more players added to this core of White, Fleming, El Darwich, Larsson, Moss, Eze, and Antoms. Let's hope that a few of those players are major contributors and the team continues to improve as they hopefully phase out d1 players for "all conference level" d1 players.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:00 pm

UMaineSuperfan wrote:this just goes to show what happens when you put 5 d1 athletes on the floor consistently, you may not be very good, but your floor is pretty high, at least in conference play.

look at who isn't playing that's healthy: Araujo, Illy

I respect the effort they've both put in, but we shouldn't be surprised that the team looks competent when they have competent athletes on the floor.

Next season Maine will have 6 more players added to this core of White, Fleming, El Darwich, Larsson, Moss, Eze, and Antoms. Let's hope that a few of those players are major contributors and the team continues to improve as they hopefully phase out d1 players for "all conference level" d1 players.

a
"UMaineSuperfan": Agree with your post. You mean by Maine having 6 more players added to the 7 you listed, you mean the 3 new recruits and 6'9" Into, 6'7" Iluyomade, 6'9" Prijovic and 6'5" Yagodin so that is 7. Of the new added 7 I look for Yagodin as a shooter and Prijovic with his size in the post to be the best of the 7. Just like this year Darwich is the best and Larsson is the second best of the new comers for this year.

Understand that Prijovic had to sit out a year because he transferred from another D-1 school and that Yagodin is injured, but why was Ingo, and Iluyomade not playing this year, they must have been red shirted along with Yagodin because of his injury and will be able to get this year back because he only played in one game..
Last edited by bcbc55 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm

I'm not sure why I keep forgetting Prijovic, but here we are.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 pm

UMaineSuperfan wrote:I'm not sure why I keep forgetting Prijovic, but here we are.

"UMaineSuperfan": Probably because he is sitting out the year for transferring. Out of sight out of mind.

I also think some fans forget about Yagodin, Ingo and Iluyomade because they are not playing either. Still wondering why Ingo and Iluyomade are not playing and are they red shirting? I understand why Yagodin is siting out and red- shirting because of his early season injury. Walkon Begic is not playing either is he also red shirting?

Currently on Maine roster includes all are 16 players. Two seniors graduate Araujo and Ilija S. that leaves 14 returning if no transfers and adding 3 new recruits gives 17 players for next year.

Only real weakness is no legitimate size 6'10" plus 245 lb back to the basket post up player. Excellent height and reach returning. Current starters are all underclassman so that is a big positive and with all returning and the 3 new faces Maine should be ready to make a run to at least the middle of the America East standings say 4th or 5th.

Of the 7 AE loses the only ones that were not competive were the two games with Vermont. Competed with the other 6 teams. Beating UML, UNH and Albany and tough losses to SB, Hartford, UMBC twice and Binghamton.

Lead SB by 16, Hartford by 9, UMBC 12, tied with UMBC and behind by 2 against Binghamton.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bcbc55

Postby hoopsisme » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Solomon is injured and redshirting. That was announced weeks ago. Nedja, Solomon and yagodin wl really help.
hoopsisme

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:20 pm

hoopsisme wrote:Solomon is injured and redshirting. That was announced weeks ago. Nedja, Solomon and yagodin wl really help.

"hoopsisme": Thanks on the info on Solomon. What about Stephane Ingo is he a red shirt freshmen?

Yagodin and Iluyomade each played in the first non-conference game of the year at Denver in November and that was it. Into and Begic walk on have not appeared in any game.

However, Ingo, Yagodin and Begic did play in the only exhibition game Maine had against UMPI before they played at Denver.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics