Game Discussion: Maine WBB at UMBC - 2/9/19

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Game Discussion: Maine WBB at UMBC - 2/9/19

Postby Blind Zebra » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 pm

In my opinion, Tanesha could handle the point and also create a serious mismatch in Maine’s favor. Start Maeve at the 4 and continue to bring Maddy off the bench. Parise and Blanca will also be needed as secondary ball handlers.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:In my opinion, Tanesha could handle the point and also create a serious mismatch in Maine’s favor. Start Maeve at the 4 and continue to bring Maddy off the bench. Parise and Blanca will also be needed as secondary ball handlers.

"Blind Zebra": Always have liked big point guards. Had a 6'7" high school point guard that lead his team to a 22-0 state championship season and played at UMaine, but not at point guard.

Interesting idea BZ. If Sutton was at point it might force the opponents to go zone to eliminate the match up problems Sutton would present.

Millan, Rossignol, Wadling and Sutton Who would be the other starter if Saar is out? McVicar, ball handler and shooter? Barra more size? Fohgarty another shooter? Carroll?

Have been surprised that opponents have not posted Saar up when Maine plays man-to-man defense. Haven't seen it happen once this year.
bcbc55

Postby Blind Zebra » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm

I would start Carroll at the 4 spot for defense and rebounding purposes. Tanesha would bring it up and initiate the offense but the goal would be to get her on the block because she finishes so well. Fanny working out of the high post looking for the high low action and setting screens to free Parise and Blanca.
This lineup gives Maine a little more size. Maddy can come off the bench as the first sub. Kira Barra becomes a key sub for the bigs. My top wing sub would be Alper. She is a more versatile player than Fogarty. Parise should be playing 35 minutes per game.
Hopefully a few days rest for Dor will allow her to play against Hartford.
Blind Zebra

Postby GoBlackBears » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Any update on Saar?
GoBlackBears

Postby mainejeff » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 pm

I don't expect Saar to play on Wed.
mainejeff

Postby mainah57 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:I would start Carroll at the 4 spot for defense and rebounding purposes. Tanesha would bring it up and initiate the offense but the goal would be to get her on the block because she finishes so well. Fanny working out of the high post looking for the high low action and setting screens to free Parise and Blanca.
This lineup gives Maine a little more size. Maddy can come off the bench as the first sub. Kira Barra becomes a key sub for the bigs. My top wing sub would be Alper. She is a more versatile player than Fogarty. Parise should be playing 35 minutes per game.
Hopefully a few days rest for Dor will allow her to play against Hartford.

I like it. What's great about Tanesha is that she's such a versatile player that it seems she can play just about any position. I'd be interested to see the following starting lineup for Wednesday, assuming Saar is still out:

Tanesha @ 1
Parise @ 2 (could also maybe put Parise at point and Tanesha at 2?)
Blanca @ 3
Maeve @ 4
Fanny @ 5

Fingers crossed for a good game.
mainah57

Postby coachr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 pm

What makes you think that?
coachr

Postby mainejeff » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 am

coachr wrote:What makes you think that?

I assume you are asking me. Injury looked pretty severe....not enough time to heal.
mainejeff

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics