Game Discussion: Maine Men BB Vs. Vermont 1/9/19

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Game Discussion: Maine Men BB Vs. Vermont 1/9/19

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:11 pm

That really is an upset. Stony Brook gave Vermont a game up until the end in their last game.
It would be nice to see UMBC make another run...as for Maine...better luck next year.
basketball_guy

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:18 am

Archer Bunker wrote:
Archer Bunker wrote:Final
Vermont 73
UMO 49

CoachA Quote:

Well, way to live up to your name, Archie Bunker indeed. This program will be just fine as they continue to move forward. There are positive things going on in the men's program. (Like a very good GPA...that's grade point average for those who know nothing about college basketball and there's a lot on here who don't!) Yes, the record is not showing that but the games are. There is improvement and several of the games have been in overtime or a loss in single digits. Yes, in this immediate results world, the Archie Bunkers of the world have no patience. Trust the process...and have some patience and encouragement for these athletes and coaches.

Back in early January...........Right on Coach A ending just like you said.....Patience my man Patience.

AB

For the last time this season....
Final:
Vermont 73
UMO 57

I guess Coach AA and The Bam have gone into hibernation. It really pisses them off when I'm right and they are wrong. Hopefully UMO will be a little better next year.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:37 pm

"AB": Can't get much worse as Maine went 4-27 versus D-1 competition. I have been told that UMaine counts the UMaine@Machias game. Must be to pad their individual and team stats. NCAA does not count that win in their official standings/rankings.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:57 pm

I can't figure out why they would want to count that game. Cimmie I'm really starting to think the whole UMO athletic program should drop to DII. We just can't seem to recruit good DI talent. We would be the only DII in the state and maybe that would be the best thing to do.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:I can't figure out why they would want to count that game. Cimmie I'm really starting to think the whole UMO athletic program should drop to DII. We just can't seem to recruit good DI talent. We would be the only DII in the state and maybe that would be the best thing to do.

AB

"AB": I would rather hire a Mainer as head coach (Chris Markwood current assistant coach at successful Northeastern and former assistant at Vermont and who played at South Portland, played at Notre Dame and then transferred back to play for UMaine. Have him recruit the best 2 high school players in Maine each class and that would give them 8 Mainers on the roster 2 in and 2 out every year, then recruit players that you need position wise that the Mainers don't offer usually a BIG 6'110 250lb or bigger. Then keep 2 scholarships in their hip pocket in case of sudden recruits that become available and nobody else has any scholarships available, Then have on campus tryouts for walk ons to fill out roster needs.

Have the coach try to sell Mainers that it's going to be Maine against the other 352 D-1 teams and when Maine makes the D-1 NCAA Big Dance for the first time the coach wants to do it with Mainers leading the way.

Also, if we are going to lose like we have for the past 10 years I would rather do it with Maine players.
bcbc55

Postby CoachA » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:57 am

Not in hibernation, AB....I just have a life. The men's program will be just fine. It takes time to build a program from the depths that it had plummeted. Plus, it's just easier not to respond to people who have no clue what they're talking about and who just want to be negative about everything. I'm sure baseball will be the next program trashing!
CoachA

Postby thebam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am

CoachA wrote:Not in hibernation, AB....I just have a life. The men's program will be just fine. It takes time to build a program from the depths that it had plummeted. Plus, it's just easier not to respond to people who have no clue what they're talking about and who just want to be negative about everything. I'm sure baseball will be the next program trashing!

Correct Coach.. Coach Cim has already hacked the baseball conversation to rip the men's basketball program. I have had AB on block for weeks. He doesn't watch games. Just reads the w/l total and thinks he's an expert. It's annoying at it's highest level. It's been much better on here since I blocked him.
thebam

Postby parquetfloor » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 am

This place is getting unbearable again. I took a hiatus a while ago and may need to again.
parquetfloor

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:07 am

bcbc55 wrote:"AB": Can't get much worse as Maine went 4-27 versus D-1 competition. I have been told that UMaine counts the UMaine@Machias game. Must be to pad their individual and team stats. NCAA does not count that win in their official standings/rankings.

But every other D1 program does Bob and you know that. In fact.....there are other America East teams that schedule 2 non-D1s.

UNH was really 3-24 because they counted their wins over Rivier & Mount Saint Vincent.

Vermont is really 23-6 because they counted their wins over St. Michael's & NVU-Lyndon.

Put that in your coffee and stir it! :P :roll:
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:04 pm

mainejeff wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:"AB": Can't get much worse as Maine went 4-27 versus D-1 competition. I have been told that UMaine counts the UMaine@Machias game. Must be to pad their individual and team stats. NCAA does not count that win in their official standings/rankings.

But every other D1 program does Bob and you know that. In fact.....there are other America East teams that schedule 2 non-D1s.

UNH was really 3-24 because they counted their wins over Rivier & Mount Saint Vincent.

Vermont is really 23-6 because they counted their wins over St. Michael's & NVU-Lyndon.

Put that in your coffee and stir it! :P :roll:

"MJ": Sorry don''t drink coffee. Just because Vermont, UNH and Maine do it doesn't make it right or official as the NCAA does not recognize Non D-1 opponents.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics