UMaine Football Recruiting 2019

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMaine Football Recruiting 2019

Postby BearDown » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... 1iIRFTk1Cw

#2 and #136. I can't put my finger on it but something just doesn't sit well with me with this Demens signing. Like, why the hell is he coming to Maine?? Anyone else feel like this? I'll be surprised if he really makes out to AND stays in Orono. I really hope I'm wrong.
BearDown

Postby fafan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm

https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-2 ... e-caa-ajaj

Maybe this will make you feel better Beardown, this is the breakdown by league and we managed just 6th place with 4 of the top 50 picks in the CAA. :(
I guess I would not put that much stock in the ratings of recruits as we have been at the bottom of FCS and we just ended up 4th in the country. Let's just be happy we have two real talented LB's and a couple of other noteworthy players. This really shows the importance of turning these recruits into good football players is up to the coaching staff.
fafan

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:44 pm

the thing with the scouting service rankings is that they rely on camps to generate their rankings of 2 star recruits or better. there are a ton of kids who are 2 star or very nearly 2 star that just don't attend enough camps to get ranked. If Maine is recruiting international kids or lesser known "through the cracks" players then it makes sense we aren't going to be ranked as highly. also, it's not surprising that Maine isn't out recruiting some of the more established FCS programs in our conference.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby MattyB » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 am

The No. 2 and No. 136 rated recruits in this year's class, according to @HEROSportsFCS, are coming to Orono!

Details: bit.ly/2E5mpYc
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
105Sports.com
MattyB

Postby fafan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 am

Hero Sports started rating FCS recruits and teams in 2016 and it should be no surprise that Maine never cracked the top 50 of FCS for teams and but what was surprising we had two top players in the top 300 in last years class.
Matthisas Staalose an OL at #236 and Donnell Henriquez at #196 a DB. Doesn't look like either saw any action this past year.
So bottom line this years class is the strongest that Maine has had at #46 in FCS but guess I would not give much creedence in a top recruiting class leading to a good season(Hero sports ratings at least). JSU who we destroyed in our first playoff game has been in the top tier of recruiting in each of the past 4 years ;)
It is also interesting to note that Yale has 5-8 players each year in the top 300 as well.
fafan

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics