Maine Men at Dartmouth & Maine women host Brown Sat.

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Maine Men at Dartmouth & Maine women host Brown Sat.

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Well it will be my left eye on the UMaine men at Dartmouth Game on one of my lap tops and my right eye on the other lap top for Women's home contest at the CIC in Bangor has they host Brown as I did the same thing Tuesday night when Maine won both games, hope it is a good luck charm Saturday. The men's game is at 2:00pm and the women's game is scheduled to start at 1:00pm. Both games are being streamed on ESPN+.

Maine men are ranked 310 in Realtimerpi.com's RPI ranking after beating Fiordham in overtime Tuesday at Bangot 75-68 for their first win oif the season. Maine's SOS is 159. Dartmouth's RPI is 203 and their SOS is 147.

Maine's America East Conference's RPI is 26 and SOS is 25 while Dartmouth's Ivy League is ranked 16th in RPI and 24th iin SOS.

TeamRankings.com has Maines RPI at 326 and Dartmouth at 242 and they give Maine a 16% chance of winning this game with Dartmouth. Maine is 1-8 and Dartmouth at 2-5.

Maine played much better in their OT win over a 5-1 now 5-2 Fordham team. If Maine does the things they did against Fordham, shoot the 3 well, reduce the number of 3 attempts, get to the foul line like they did against Fordham and play much better man defense they maybe able to offset Dartmouth's home court advantage and maybe move that 16% chance of a TeamRankingsRank prediction to possibly a 40-60 chance of pulling their second consecutive upset win.

Maine will have to again improve their 3 point shooting as they only have Fleming at 35.7% and White 32.2% shooting over 30% for 3's as they are only shooting the 3 at 28.8%.

In the women's home game Maine's RFPI is 55 and SOS is 117 and Brown's RPI @ 225 and their SOS @244.
Maine's America East Conferences RPI is 23, while Brown's Ivy League is at 18. AE's SOS is 21 and the Ivy's 17.

Maine women at 6-2 and Brown at 5-5 makes Maine the favorite, as they are playing at home and have a much better RPI and SOS then Brown. Former Bangor High Player Mary Butler is a senior playi9ng her 4th year for Brown.

Should be a good crowd at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor to see if Maine can continue their hot 3 point shooting the past two games when they have gone 26 for 57 for 45.6%. Maine has 5 players shooting over 30% for threes lead by Parisse Rossignol at 40%, Saar 34.1%. McVicar 33.3%, Fogharty 31.8% and Sutton 30.8%. Maine is taking 47.8% of their FGA's as 3's and are shooting 33.3% for their 3's.
bcbc55

Re: Maine Men at Dartmouth & Maine women host Brown Sat.

Postby mainejeff » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 am

That women's game should have the largest crowd of the season so far.

Winning streak + Mary Butler of Bangor + Saturday afternoon game + nice weather = good crowd. :)
mainejeff

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics