Boylen named head coach of Chicago Bulls

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Boylen named head coach of Chicago Bulls

Postby MattyB » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 pm

@670TheScore
#Bulls express a commitment to Jim Boylen and praise his passion and 'strong voice' in naming him their new head coach

Story: https://t.co/FnUtvpgOQX

Maine Press Release: https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/12/3 ... bulls.aspx
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
105Sports.com
MattyB

Re: Boylen named head coach of Chicago Bulls

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Congratulations to Jim. Let's see now. 50 states in the country, 30 NBA teams and Maine has 4 with Maine connections of the 30 head NBA coaches for 13.3%. Pretty darn good representation, I'd say. And we sometimes are jokingly called "basketball hicks from the basketball sticks". It appears locatio0n, location, location is not that big of a factor to be a NBA head coach. All three really paid their NBA dues to earn their head coaching stripes, Steve Clifford, Rick Carlisle, Brett Brown and now Jim Boylen.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcbc55

Postby BlueLine » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:17 pm

BC,
I believe all these coaches respect and reflect passion for the Game. Happy for all of them being statistical outliers. Does anyone know how Steve Clifford is feeling?
Great guy and wish him the best of fortune.
BlueLine

Postby fafan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:23 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Congratulations to Jim. Let's see now. 50 states in the country, 30 NBA teams and Maine has 3 with Maine connections of the 30 head NBA coaches for 10%. Pretty darn good representation, I'd say. And we sometimes are jokingly called "basketball hicks from the basketball sticks". It appears locatio0n, location, location is not that big of a factor to be a NBA head coach. All three really paid their NBA dues to earn their head coaching stripes, Clifford, Carlisle and now Jim Boylen.

bcbc, don't forget Brett Brown of S.Portland fame, head coach of the Sixers.

Also Clifford is having a great year with Orlando at 10-10, they were supposed to be bottom of the league. :D
fafan

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm

fafan wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Congratulations to Jim. Let's see now. 50 states in the country, 30 NBA teams and Maine has 3 with Maine connections of the 30 head NBA coaches for 10%. Pretty darn good representation, I'd say. And we sometimes are jokingly called "basketball hicks from the basketball sticks". It appears locatio0n, location, location is not that big of a factor to be a NBA head coach. All three really paid their NBA dues to earn their head coaching stripes, Clifford, Carlisle and now Jim Boylen.

bcbc, don't forget Brett Brown of S.Portland fame, head coach of the Sixers.

Also Clifford is having a great year with Orlando at 10-10, they were supposed to be bottom of the league. :D

fafan: Thanks for adding Brett Brown. I will make that change.
bcbc55

Postby Mainemanhoop » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:55 am

Considering that Carlisle grew up in upstate NY and spent all of, maybe, 21 months in Maine ... hard to consider him as a real Maine product.
Pretty much the same with Boylen, who also did not grow up in Maine.
Mainemanhoop

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics