WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby fafan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:25 am

Awesome article on Liam Dobson and the Oline. They are one of the main reasons we are playing football in December. These guys never get the headlines but without them you go no where. We all knew the defense would be good but questioned the OL and the running game and now we see we have a complete team. Less than 36 hrs to kickoff, GO MAINE!!!

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/12/06/s ... ball-team/
fafan
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 am

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby Muchups » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:26 am

BearDown wrote:@basketball_guy I've seen your posts all week saying 'let them play it out...we don't determine the game the players do' yada yada...but you're the biggest pot stirrer there is on their forums (and jax state last week). You sound like a total doofus in your posts and it's clear you don't know a lot about either team -including our own somehow??

Maybe someday you'll get your candlelit dinner with the Elon recruiting coordinator...

Beat the Wildcats!


I've said it before but I appreciate "basketball guys" enthusiasm and passion for UMaine sports. He's also probably a good guy. That said, I'm sick of reading his misinformed posts. He completely overwhelms threads with dozens of posts and stifles any actual discussion.

I read the Jacksonville State forums because I wanted to see what they were saying about Maine. I was disappointed to see Maine loudly misrepresented by basketball guy in several threads spewing, what seemed to me, a lot of made up stuff just to fit his argument. I went to Weber State's board earlier this week and found that basketball guy had already made dozens of posts. I try to ignore his posts and read the others, but as stated above, he posts so much junk that he overwhelms and kills threads. I guess I can't find any legitimate football talk.
Muchups
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby thebam » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:33 am

Altitude could be a legitimate concern on Friday night. I know the basketball team had issues playing in Denver and in Salt Lake City. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4476
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby fafan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:49 am

thebam wrote:Altitude could be a legitimate concern on Friday night. I know the basketball team had issues playing in Denver and in Salt Lake City. Definitely something to keep an eye on.


Interview with Coach H on Tuesday and he reported that at 4,300 ft the effect was minimal and if there was an effect it would take a couple of days. So therefore the team will fly out today and assume get a short practice in and probably walk thru for tomorrow nite. He mentioned this was the exact same plan they had used on all their long trips this year.
fafan
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 am

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby augie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 am

bcbc55 wrote:"

I'm not much of a two ended ball fan as nobody really knows how that 2 ended pointed ball is going to bounce when it hits the surface on a kickoff, punt or a fumble.

I


bob, you make this comment on just about every post in the umaine forum regarding football. do you forget that you do or just like to include in every comment?
augie
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:12 pm

basketball_guy
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:17 am

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby fafan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

OK for our S.Maine fans where would be a good place to watch the game in the greater Portland area? My kids asked me and we know where the Sports Bars are located but where is a place that would guarantee to have the game on and maybe alumni or fans would be going just to watch the game.

There is nothing more frustrating than to go to a bar and have ask to have the game put on and know that no one else is there to watch the game. Remember going thru this with UMaine hockey years ago during the hayday.

Certainly Seasons will have a huge crowd in Bangor and would expect almost all establishments in the greater Bangor/Orono area will have the game on it and it should make for a great viewing event.

I am doing the smart thing and hosting a UMaine football party ;)
fafan
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 am

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby thebam » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm

fafan wrote:OK for our S.Maine fans where would be a good place to watch the game in the greater Portland area? My kids asked me and we know where the Sports Bars are located but where is a place that would guarantee to have the game on and maybe alumni or fans would be going just to watch the game.

There is nothing more frustrating than to go to a bar and have ask to have the game put on and know that no one else is there to watch the game. Remember going thru this with UMaine hockey years ago during the hayday.

Certainly Seasons will have a huge crowd in Bangor and would expect almost all establishments in the greater Bangor/Orono area will have the game on it and it should make for a great viewing event.

I am doing the smart thing and hosting a UMaine football party ;)

But , but , but.. Portland loves UMaine. How can this even be an issue? All sports bars in Portland should be standing room only.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4476
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby fafan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Rivalries is advertising UMaine football viewing party, that place packed with UMaine fans would be fun!!!
fafan
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 am

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby dunbar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Muchups wrote:
BearDown wrote:@basketball_guy I've seen your posts all week saying 'let them play it out...we don't determine the game the players do' yada yada...but you're the biggest pot stirrer there is on their forums (and jax state last week). You sound like a total doofus in your posts and it's clear you don't know a lot about either team -including our own somehow??

Maybe someday you'll get your candlelit dinner with the Elon recruiting coordinator...

Beat the Wildcats!


I've said it before but I appreciate "basketball guys" enthusiasm and passion for UMaine sports. He's also probably a good guy. That said, I'm sick of reading his misinformed posts. He completely overwhelms threads with dozens of posts and stifles any actual discussion.

I read the Jacksonville State forums because I wanted to see what they were saying about Maine. I was disappointed to see Maine loudly misrepresented by basketball guy in several threads spewing, what seemed to me, a lot of made up stuff just to fit his argument. I went to Weber State's board earlier this week and found that basketball guy had already made dozens of posts. I try to ignore his posts and read the others, but as stated above, he posts so much junk that he overwhelms and kills threads. I guess I can't find any legitimate football talk.


Amen. Like you said earlier, threadkiller. Just like Greg Cote is the showkiller on the Le Batard Show with Stugotz.
dunbar
 
Posts: 5037
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: basketball_guy, bcbc55, turkeyman and 68 guests